• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying The 8DN BELT

stingray719 said:
Lol, ok how about I say myself and all the others that have the 8DN working are all liars....would you then shut up?

last time i looked you were also warned. Not too worried bout the ignore .

Thanks!
:jump:[/quote]

YamahaTim said:
Man I think everyone feels like I did this morning...we all have our options and me and a lot of others choose to use the 8DN and it works for us! Should be no arguement here. I mean it just flat out worked. Can't really explain why, or why not. But I'm not going through belts anymore! And that makes me happy. :Rockon:
Not going though belts because your sleds in the shop :jump: :jump: :jump:

suburban said:
stingray719 said:
Lol, ok how about I say myself and all the others that have the 8DN working are all liars....would you then shut up?

Thanks!
:jump:
[/quote]

I think I'm on his list to :jump: :jump:

Lol...true, but it has went over 500 miles on it...so that's a plus right now! Don't add to my list ;)!

I just need to worry about one thing! So the belt is working! And it really is! Made a huge change.

YamahaTim said:
Lol...true, but it has went over 500 miles on it...so that's a plus right now! Don't add to my list ;)!

I just need to worry about one thing! So the belt is working! And it really is! Made a huge change.
Well that's good , what works for some doesn't always work for others ! ;)!

09nytro said:
YamahaTim said:

Well that's good , what works for some doesn't always work for others ! ;)!

Right on!! Some people like 250 pound women with thongs on walking on the beach in Florida eating jelly filled donuts with one hand and itching there #*$&@ with the other. :jump:

09nytro said:
That's the way I like them , with jelly all over there face and sweet running down there back .... :jump: :jump: :jump:

Yummy! And hear I thought I was the only one! Man this a good site!! :Rockon:

09nytro said:
suburban said:
stingray719 said:

Thanks!

I think I'm on his list to :jump: :jump:[/quote]

You two just can't let it be can you? Ok, here it is you both need to learn a little about engineering principles so you can at least sound like you know what you are talking about. The fact that ALL the aftermarket clutch gurus are experimenting with the 8DN means nothing I suppose? Going to tell Ulmer not to use an 8DN in Tim's sled? Tim has said Ulmer is keeping the 8DN in his sled, and one other clutch guru I spoke with is testing it too. More than a few of us are using this and it works for us, feel free to add useful info to the thread but "you don't have a clue what you are talking about" to someone who has been engineering fixes for motorsports for decades is annoying. I suggest you add something of actual substance and quit hijacking the thread for insults and innuendo.

Thanks!

Guess which belt is the stock Viper 8JP and which belt is the Gates equivalent of the 8DN (40G4340,I didn't have another 8DN to measure). Should answer any questions left about which has more contact surface.

Attachments

• gatesbelt.jpg
    gatesbelt.jpg
    735.3 KB · Views: 114
I was BS ing also. I went off the subject just messin around. But the fact remains the 8DN works and Allen is working on some stuff that will work for the Turbo like mine. Using the 8DN and some of his other ideas. I will be using that. Allen has helped me and I will use his stuff. He is testing not just for me obviously. But I think he is on to something and I'll give it a shot! Others know his reputation and he knows what he is doing. There should be no argument here! It works for some and not for others, just like the 250 pound women with a thong eating jelly filled donuts. That was my way of chilling out the situation. We all think we know what we are talking about. I don't know crap about clutching and don't really understand. I know how it works just not how to set it up. And I'm ok with that! No worries to me! We all do our own set up and think ares are the best. That's a man!! If you guys don't agree oh well...I know it worked for me and that's all I need to know! I don't have to prove that to anyone! Just like I think my truck is bad #*$&@! It does not matter if some of you guys don't like it. I do and that's all that matters. We all have opinions and like to announce them on here, just like me. It's fun to help out and knowing that you helped someone out is a good feeling! This is all for help and fun. And for using up time when your sled is in the shop again!
No reason to get mad, now I'm using the do as I say not as I do theory here, no reason to get mad, as we are just here to talk about a common hobby. But I do think my truck is bad #*$&@! : ;):D Rockon:

Hey Tim
What kind of truck is it !
I love my truck here's what I did to mine
It's a 02 Chevy 2500hd chew cab
Put ford super duty axles under it
Crossover steering
Agr hyd assist or rock ram steering
42" tires with 16" lift
5.36 gears
So that's just alittle bit of it but it's a custom streight axle kit
Lot going on inside too but to much to list .

I love truck and looking at them to see what guys and gal do to make them there own , I go to a lot of truck shows in the summer
I would put a pic up but it goes sideways and it doesn't come out in the winter to get another one

stingray719 said:
09nytro said:
suburban said:
stingray719 said:

Thanks!

I think I'm on his list to :jump: :jump:

You two just can't let it be can you? Ok, here it is you both need to learn a little about engineering principles so you can at least sound like you know what you are talking about. The fact that ALL the aftermarket clutch gurus are experimenting with the 8DN means nothing I suppose? Going to tell Ulmer not to use an 8DN in Tim's sled? Tim has said Ulmer is keeping the 8DN in his sled, and one other clutch guru I spoke with is testing it too. More than a few of us are using this and it works for us, feel free to add useful info to the thread but "you don't have a clue what you are talking about" to someone who has been engineering fixes for motorsports for decades is annoying. I suggest you add something of actual substance and quit hijacking the thread for insults and innuendo.

Thanks![/quote]
Dude really !!!! Relax alittle god damn !!!!!
Beside where is the engineering point in all that anyways !

09nytro said:
Hey Tim
What kind of truck is it !
I love my truck here's what I did to mine
It's a 02 Chevy 2500hd chew cab
Put ford super duty axles under it
Crossover steering
Agr hyd assist or rock ram steering
42" tires with 16" lift
5.36 gears
So that's just alittle bit of it but it's a custom streight axle kit
Lot going on inside too but to much to list .

I love truck and looking at them to see what guys and gal do to make them there own , I go to a lot of truck shows in the summer
I would put a pic up but it goes sideways and it doesn't come out in the winter to get another one

It's a 97' GMC Yukon 2dr.
Custom interior that I did myself
Really good condition 24' for the summer and 22' for the winter
No lift yet. But maybe only 2"-4" lift.

okay guys, did a lot of testing today and you won't believe the results!

trails open today and are flat as a pancake and hard as a rock. set up the timers and went with stock clutching first.
the stock belt was sleeping so bad I couldn't get more than 76 mph in 660 ft. And only 86mph for a top speed.
Changed the belt as the clutches looked black from slipping. New belt and saw 88-89mph. With a top speed of 91mph

Went home, changed to my clutching and got 93mph top.

Ok, changed to 8dn belt and saw 91mph 660ft. And get this....top speed of 102mph. Rpm's were down so i went back and lightened the tip of the stock weights with a helix change to 47/40. Top speed 105.1! GPS don't lie :)

the 8DN works

here's the real shocker, because I took the newest 8 dn belt off of the nytro, I put the Viper belt on the Nitro and had to take the washers out. what's crazy is now the nytro is quicker and faster with the viper belt!!! 114mph on the dream meter!!!! Don't believe me nytro owners? Try it, i didn't believe it myself till i rode it. Temperatures are cool and the sleds are rockin! Win win win!

Back