• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying The 8DN BELT

I've heard a lot by now of people using the 8dn belt and getting more consistent performance. Has anyone used an aftermarket comparable as in an aftermarket nytro belt? From what I've heard so far a lot of people coming off a nytro liked aftermarket belts over the 8dn..just curious if it's something anyone has tried

Studroes144 said:
I've heard a lot by now of people using the 8dn belt and getting more consistent performance. Has anyone used an aftermarket comparable as in an aftermarket nytro belt? From what I've heard so far a lot of people coming off a nytro liked aftermarket belts over the 8dn..just curious if it's something anyone has tried

I meant to do that, but we lost our snow so fast it's crazy! So I didn't get a chance. Would go ride but ton of water. No good, I think it's over for me. Unless we get a good snow!

stingray719 said:
cannondale27 said:
Good point 09 but I will counter by saying the 8dn doesn't coat my clutches with black and it is more consistent rpm wise. Sure would like 8dn compound in 8jp length and size.

i am willing to bet suburban and 09 nytro are same guy. Go back a d look at how many posts follow each other.

That's pretty sad if it is....

Studroes144 said:

Put on an Ultimax belt I bought off ebay and same performance but seems to be more burn resistant....especiallly when girlfriend forgets brake is locked...lol

stingray719 said:
Studroes144 said:

Put on an Ultimax belt I bought off ebay and same performance but seems to be more burn resistant....especiallly when girlfriend forgets brake is locked...lol

Ouch that hurts lol. Did you use the 8dn belt and then the ultimax? Would love to get a belt that grips really hard on a launch..just not sure if it's worth me trying an 8dn equivalent or wait til there are more viper specific aftermarket belts.

Studroes144 said:
stingray719 said:
Studroes144 said:

Ouch that hurts lol. Did you use the 8dn belt and then the ultimax? Would love to get a belt that grips really hard on a launch..just not sure if it's worth me trying an 8dn equivalent or wait til there are more viper specific aftermarket belts.

8dn until first brake lock incident. Ultimax has been through 3 bad burns and still very little notice on take off (burn spot pulstaing). Not sure I could notice any better take off but as posted in missing power thread I changed clamping force.

My concern with that waiting for a Viper specific belt is a band aid. Let me explain, the fix I found in the missing power thread is a band aid for whatever the real problem is. Should not have to put a primary spring that stiff in to get better performance. I hope to have an answer to a real fix in the near future, but as far as our sled is concerned I am done testing for the year.

Tried the Gates belt for a weekend and seems to be good so far. Clutching needs to be dialed in as I put the Hurricane Hindle combo on it. Going to try to hit the RR grade this weekend for one last shot.

Yes you can run Polaris ,Arctic Cat,Comet weights , all you have to do is go to Hi-performance Engineering or Team Industries and get the Yamaha Clutch Weight Conversion Kit !
It opens a huge window of weight options !

09nytro said:
Yes you can run Polaris ,Arctic Cat,Comet weights , all you have to do is go to Hi-performance Engineering or Team Industries and get the Yamaha Clutch Weight Conversion Kit !
It opens a huge window of weight options !

Ya I have been looking into it...

Tim, Did you see my post on using the 8FP weights?

NOS-PRO said:

Yes I did, that is something I'm looking at too. But we have very little snow, and can't really test. I might be trading it in on another sled?...

YamahaTim said:
NOS-PRO said:

Yes I did, that is something I'm looking at too. But we have very little snow, and can't really test. I might be trading it in on another sled?...

I don't blame you. If you do this clutch fix you will have so much fun you will have to keep it. :hide:

Back