• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trying The 8DN BELT

hmmm...... sounds like it wears about the same rate as the 8jp.

suburban said:
hmmm...... sounds like it wears about the same rate as the 8jp.

Oh no that junk 8jp wears faster :jump: :jump:
But when my 8jp wears I can adjust it to get it right again not buy another one !!!!!!

Just saying !!!!!!

Good point 09 but I will counter by saying the 8dn doesn't coat my clutches with black and it is more consistent rpm wise. Sure would like 8dn compound in 8jp length and size.

cannondale27 said:
Good point 09 but I will counter by saying the 8dn doesn't coat my clutches with black and it is more consistent rpm wise. Sure would like 8dn compound in 8jp length and size.

Agreed! It's not really an argument here. If the 8dn works for most people than so be it. It's not like anyone has to prove it works or not. It totally changed my sled and it's consistent and very very little belt dust on my tunnel and no residue on my clutches. It's not like I have any stock in the 8DN. It just works.

I guess I should add that those 1000 miles were not normal trail miles. I have a track plowed on my lake and have done multiple WOT runs over 120 mph. The 8jp belt would explode on me when I would do that many runs on the track.....got a cracked belly pan to prove it. lol

I also hope they come out with a new 8jp belt with the same compound as the 8dn so there is more adjustability. Until then I will stick with the 8dn

newtron said:
I guess I should add that those 1000 miles were not normal trail miles. I have a track plowed on my lake and have done multiple WOT runs over 120 mph. The 8jp belt would explode on me when I would do that many runs on the track.....got a cracked belly pan to prove it. lol

I also hope they come out with a new 8jp belt with the same compound as the 8dn so there is more adjustability. Until then I will stick with the 8dn

Man I exploded four belts and it destroyed everything in there, even bent the metal caliper guard back 180 degrees. Both the side panel and the belly pan. Got it all fixed under warranty. Got a new side panel, but the stickers are on back order until may. Crazy! I guess they didn't make the same amount of stickers. They have stickers for the other side. Just not the side I need. Lol

Ya blew the sticker right off my side panel as well but they had one in stock so I'm good. They covered it under warranty...$137 just for the sticker

newtron said:
Ya blew the sticker right off my side panel as well but they had one in stock so I'm good. They covered it under warranty...$137 just for the sticker

I know that's crazy, like 350 for side panel and stickers. Not to mention the rest of the damage! I have well over 1000 miles on the 8DN and it looks great! Good thing cause there out of stickers, pretty soon they will be out of panels. I should of got two..lol

Tim I found the clutch answer. 8dn belt and some primary wizardry I will post on Monday not from phone. Flat outrun good running rx1 and only lose 1 sled length on a 2o12 turbo nytro running 6 lbs boost to 50 mph from deadstop on packed snow. Going to run it against my m8 tomorrow.

Man this thing rocks now!

cannondale27 said:

i am willing to bet suburban and 09 nytro are same guy. Go back a d look at how many posts follow each other.

cannondale27 said:

i am willing to bet suburban and 09 nytro are same guy. Go back a d look at how many posts follow each other.

I think the thin moutain air is starting to get to you.... :jump:

Yamaha is saying compound is the same just more cooling cogs maybe causes more twist I would think under more stress. How about a 8jp built like a 8dn. What a novice idea

Back