• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TY Ride Dates 2020-21 Season!!

January 15 thru 17 - Munising TY Fun Ride Update:

The Boarders Inn & Suites cancellation policy for this ride due to poor conditions will be allowed the day of arrival. So if you call by Noon on the day you were booked to arrive and state your cancelling due to conditions, there will be no charge. If you wait past that point you will be charged.

I will be going no matter what!! So if you are waiting for me to call it, you will be waiting a long time..LOL

Do you have to stay at the hotel to join the ride? I have a place up there in Christmas and will be up there for a couple to the ride dates, and was wondering if I could tag along and meet some of the TY family!

Mother nature needs to stop being a bitch and dump on us. SORVA trail report is pretty sad. Am hanging on to hope......:letsnow:

We need some storms to connect the dots between the lake effect areas.
Have not been out further than 3 miles from home. Lots of rocks on the grade.

We desperately need :brrr: and :letsnow: to :sled1: heck if :drink:does not open will be :o|.

well long range for here is showing snow for monday but last 2 times that was in forcast it bypassed us a day before. sucks living under where 3 weather systems meet. never can trust the long range.

We may have to trailer to the Plaines just to ride some, but I will be riding.

They are supposed to have decent snow out that way...johnboy told me he rode from his place in Curtis to Grand Marais and it was O.K...I also had a Doo bud who went that way from here last Sat...I'll have to shoot him a call and see how it was...

I just looked at local forecast and it's not looking good...every day is lows in the teens and highs right around freezing...no mention of any significant stuff at all...FWIW

Also not to mention the continued traffic the trails will see as long as they have snow on them. We were up there last week too and on Friday rode from Seney to Grand Marais via trail 43 to 8 to 89 back to 8 and into Grand Marais. On the way home took trail 8 to 443 to 88 back to 43 into Seney and all was good as Grand Marais and Seney seemed to have the majority of the snow in that area. Although we trailed to Seney, we stayed in Newberry and believe or not, it wasn't that bad riding into town to catch trail 9 north of town. I actually believe the trail you take thru Newberry to get gas and such was better than the by-pass as it utilizes alley ways which don't seem to get plowed as much. Still, there was decent enough snow to ride out and pick up trail 9. However, by Thursday evening with no new snow, trail 9 into Newberry was getting thin and snirty so knew it would not be good the next day. With no new snow forecasted, not sure how much longer trails can hold up.

We also rode into Wetmore and trail 8 into Shingleton wasn't that bad. Good in the morning and rough in the afternoon but still had decent snow cover. Trail 8 into Wetmore was also good but did not venture further west. Wanted to take loop down to Buckhorns and around to Jack Pines but opted to take 41 south out of Shingleton since groomer had just came down and had turned around and headed back when we were leaving for Wetmore. Trail 41 was also good but further south you got, the more rocky it got. We did make it to Jack Pines but then turned back and did that Grand Marais loop.

I happened to talk to my buddy this morning and asked how the riding was on Sat...he said it was just fine from the Holiday station on all the way to Grand Marais...I would expect it will be a little iffy around town etc by end of next week since forecast has warmer than normal temps and virtually no snow...but trailering out Kingston Plains might be a good plan...

Well, we just got word that the Hotel is not going to stay open due to lack of snow and bookings. Completely understand with the warm up and the deteriorating snow conditions. The weather and snowfall predictions in the UP are not promising at this point. I have to cancel the ride. Sorry guys.

Back