• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Racing MPI 8 lb to 12 lb upgrade..more boost more fun.

Tom how high have u pushed the boost on it? Thinking I'm gonna just pull my thick head gasket out and put in the same thick shim u got and crank it up. I have a pc5 pti, ignition module, rising rate regulator and bigger injectors...only thing missing is to lower the compression way down and crank it up.

Tom how high have u pushed the boost on it? Thinking I'm gonna just pull my thick head gasket out and put in the same thick shim u got and crank it up. I have a pc5 pti, ignition module, rising rate regulator and bigger injectors...only thing missing is to lower the compression way down and crank it up.

I am running 12.5 to 13 and with no problems... she pulls hard too.

Just trying to understand the process with the cams when using your thick head shim. You simply adjust both cams one link on the chain and that's all that needs to be done there to correct the difference with the shim?

Thats what I understand. Ulmer made the changes.. so maybe contact him and buy the gasket from him and he can clarify.

Stud I can tell you my 15 with stock motor is making a lot more HP at 7 & 10.5 than my 14 with 9 & 13. Even with taller gears it it has harder acceleration than the 14 and I have hit 114 on snow at 7 and not even WOT whereas the 14 at 13#'s on ICE track with 21/41 gears never did any better than 112. run pump gas at 7 and race at 10.5 which I have not done yet bcause I am still in break in but next week I will.

Back