• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Update from "ttabs Nytro mod shop"

Just a little update before July hits. Didn't want anyone to think things are stagnant until Oct.

shop005.jpg

I've got boxes of stuff arriving weekly and am just about ready to start in on the back end. First, I want to replace the track and I'll install a Timbersled suspension. I'm going with a 162 setup here.

shop009.jpg

But before I can do any of that, I believe the exhaust system needs to be completely re-worked. I have a fella in town here that will make me a custom tunnel exhaust that will dump inside the tunnel. If I find that there is problems with this design, we'll easily be able to run it out the back end just above the rear flap.

When that is done, it'll make room for me to patch the big hole and then reinforce the whole tunnel top for adding gas cans and such. Also, I'm going to mod up the seat housing to make a considerable storage space that will be very functional.

shop006.jpg

I'll then pull the track, and replace it with the new one I've purchased. Apparently, I'm going to have a bit of a hybrid here ....

shop008.jpg

New Skis have arrived as well as some clutch parts. Also, the reworking of the fuel tank is now getting close to production with a higher volume capacity. All in all, I should be set to carry with me about 12 gal of gas. Stay tuned - things are about to take off! :Rockon:

Is that the new A/C Powerclaw track? If so I had been thinking about getting it as well.

SHHHHHH! Don't let 'the cat' out of the bag.

If anyone is interested in this new 2009 Power Claw track, it comes in 153 and 162 lengths. Right now, you can pick up the 162 for a STEAL!!!

Call Michelle at Oregon Trail Sales & Service at 541-523-6103. She'll sell you one for $619 us ..... SHIPPED!!!!!! That's better then Tracks USA!

Also, Michelle is a Yamaha dealer and is giving very good discounted pricing on other items. Just don't mention that I sent ya or she'll go list plus 10 on everything! lol

Other items I picked up - Simmons Gen II skis $350, 162 rails $359, Shockwave helix was $190, but the shipping for all was only $15.

I just got home tonight from Bozeman, I got my turbo installed from the Bike Shack. I am also wanting to dump my exhaust under the tunnel so I can use the space under the seat for storage. I am also in the process of installing my Timbersled rear suspension.

Ttabs, let me know if you come up with some other type of gas tank design.

Has anyone ran there exhaust under the tunnel and out the back yet. I was looking and I think just some 2 inch exhaust pipe would work, then turn it out just before the snow flap. It looks like there would be enuf clearance. I am running a turbo from the bike shack and they dont put on a muffler so I think it would work. I really would like the extra storage space.

lift

Hey ttabs,

Is that lift you are using the one they have at Habour Freight? If so do you like it? Does it use foot or air power? Is the balance good? I am doing the exact same work on my Nytro as you and I am looking for a good lift table. They have one at the Francis store just didn't want to pull the trigger without some feedback.

Thanks

Motleyone

ROFL, everyting IN TTabs shop is from HF :) except the Pabst...but if HF sold beer, TTabs would have HF beer!!!!

if it aint HF it aint in TTabs shop!!!

if memory serves, it is a foot pump one...dont forget to get the online 20% one item discount....

I have the same lift, works just fine for us Ski-doo guys! Might get the Stronger lift for the Yammis!!!
Sorry, could not resist!!
Anyhow, I need some close up shots of the REAR axle Tensioner assy. Just got Ttabs rail in today, and working on an Offset axle for his sled, also the STOCK WHEEL diameter, if any of you have it.
Thanks,
Smitty

Back