• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

upper gear bushing

I ordered a 22 gear without oil hole. I just phone my dealer to see if it was in and he said they are back order now also. Sucks! You yammy boys got them all. Anyone want to sell their's ? :D
I have a Cat dealer very close to me so I got my 22 tooth top for my Winder from them.....:)

I ordered a 22 gear without oil hole. I just phone my dealer to see if it was in and he said they are back order now also. Sucks! You yammy boys got them all. Anyone want to sell their's ? :D
I know Hurricane has them in stock but no oil hole I’m sure they can ship to you I got 22 with oil hole 2 weeks ago threw cat country in states had stock then.

Last edited:
You can replace the bushing if it comes to it. On a different recent post Dave was showing pics.
That's what I do. I have a Evo 25t top so I buy the cheapest gear on hand at dealer and use just the bushing with a nice driver I made. I pay $20. Which is less than the aftermarket bushings I found. Anyone know a better source?

How about cat country,that was where I bought mine,but that was two years ago.You could also try Alpha sports here in Maine,they sell lots of parts online.

1F3D01EB-9D76-402A-B41D-6F1F7097C768.jpeg
That's what I do. I have a Evo 25t top so I buy the cheapest gear on hand at dealer and use just the bushing with a nice driver I made. I pay $20. Which is less than the aftermarket bushings I found. Anyone know a better source?

https://www.mcmaster.com/sleeve-bearings

Get the 1” long bearing $3.
I used this bearing and it lasted longer than the stock bearing.
I now don’t over tighten the chain and it’s lasting fine

660 bearing bronze sleeve bearing , 1” inside diameter, 1 1/8” outside diameter, 1” long

It will work with any Viper/sidewinder
Yes even a Cat 7000/9000/

Get the 1” long bearing $3.
I used this bearing and it lasted longer than the stock bearing.
I now don’t over tighten the chain and it’s lasting fine

660 bearing bronze sleeve bearing , 1” inside diameter, 1 1/8” outside diameter, 1” long
How long did these last in miles? I get 3500-4000 mi a season out of the stock ones and some grey coating is still left on about 1/3 of it. Thank you. Juts never wanted to try anything else since in there anyway every spring.

They are cheaper and have better impact resistance. You really don’t need a Teflon coated bushing inside a lubrcated gear case.
Teflon is softer and made as a self lubricated bushing

I had my reverse sdo8 , had it repaired and the 22 top gear I had was flopping around on shaft, bushing was gone, I think around 3000 on gear, sled now has 7300 miles on it.

Seems a harder one with holes drilled through is the way to go. Otherwise i don't see a whole lot of benefit some guys getting plenty of miles on with no holes. Yearly inspection for sure though.

Back