• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

upper gear bushing

Get the 1” long bearing $3.
I used this bearing and it lasted longer than the stock bearing.
I now don’t over tighten the chain and it’s lasting fine

660 bearing bronze sleeve bearing , 1” inside diameter, 1 1/8” outside diameter, 1” long
Years ago I made an oilite bushing for my, ahem, Skiroule clutch! When they get warm they release some lube.

Years ago I made an oilite bushing for my, ahem, Skiroule clutch! When they get warm they release some lube.
Yep oil lite is great for clutch bushings.
This is actually a harder material made for lubricated applications, 660 bronze. McMaster actually publishes the impact resistance of all the the different bearing materials.

Get the 1” long bearing $3.
I used this bearing and it lasted longer than the stock bearing.
I now don’t over tighten the chain and it’s lasting fine

660 bearing bronze sleeve bearing , 1” inside diameter, 1 1/8” outside diameter, 1” long

Stock bushing isn't 1 in long.

Yeah, the one I measured was .900 long

Stock bushing isn't 1 in long.

Belt sander, hacksaw, file, lathe, multi-tool, sawzall, band saw, meat slicer, electric fillet knife... I’m sure you can figure it out.

So to revive this thread, I have been getting a vibration in my feet the past few rides. Went out today and it was worse. Took apart my chain case and the upper gear bushing is toast. 3k miles, 270 tune, chain finger tight and back 3/4 turn.
Has anyone else researched a better bushing?

High-Load Dry-Running Sleeve Bearings
60695k5p1-d03c-digitals.png

Bronze-Backed PTFE
Plastic Bearings
with Steel Shell

A metal shell adds strength.

Bronze-backed PTFE bearings with steel shell combine high-load and high-speed capabilities. They resist swelling when exposed to moisture and are electrically conductive.

Note: Dynamic load capacity is the maximum load a bearing can withstand at a given shaft speed. If your application’s load and speed requirements are below the values listed, the bearing will work.

CADIconForCpy.png
For technical drawings and 3-D models, click on a part number.

For
Housing ID Lg. Dynamic Radial
Load Capacity Temperature
Range, °F Each
Bronze-Backed PTFE Plastic Bearings with Steel Shell
For 1" Shaft Dia.

1 1/8" 1" 3,150 lbs. @ 60 rpm -320° to 530° 60695K7 $4.04

Comments???

Put new gear in cheap, seen them for $23

Back