• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What Did You Do To Your Sled Today???

Got the yammis ready to go :jump: Rebuilding a polaris 600 engine i dunno who worked on it before but its a mess. Cant complain got it for nuthin i will let someone i dont like ride it just kiddin :yam:

Attak
Replaced front bushings from Pioneer
Cleaned and greased
shaper bars
charged battery

Vmax 600 DLX
new slides and screws
replaced one rear wheel and greased the skid
new trail arm and powder coat both trail arms
red running board inserts
greased clutch bearings
cleaned and detailed
shaper bars
aligned the skis
changed chain case oil
replaced two bearings in the skid
newer snow flap and strap
shock covers and windshield bag
charged battery

Got powdercoated parts installed and finished shining the tunnel! ;)! Waiting for snow! :o| (Sorry about picture quality not the best)

Attachments

• DSCN1885 (2).jpg
    DSCN1885 (2).jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 97
  • DSCN1887 (2).jpg
    DSCN1887 (2).jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN1891 (2).jpg
    DSCN1891 (2).jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 90
  • DSCN1892 (2).jpg
    DSCN1892 (2).jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 83
  • DSCN1895 (2).jpg
    DSCN1895 (2).jpg
    116 KB · Views: 88
He was running a grand opening deal where powdercoating was 50% off. For Front bumper, A arms, spindles, rear bumper, and hand guard brakets cost $100. Regular pricing wouldve cost $200. They do excellent work.

As for the tunnel polishing, cost ALOT of patience but well worth it in the end! ;)!

pics of my phazer that was just finished this weekend

Attachments

• phazer.jpg
    phazer.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 83
Raining here on Sunday so I couldn't take it anymore and started up the VLite. It started fine and ran for 10 seconds and shut off. I had a tough time getting it going again after letting it sit for 5mins and wouldn't start w/o giving her some throttle as it seemed to be flooded somewhat. Was uneasy about doing that on a 4-stroke as I've heard it can foul the plugs and I only have 15,954Kms on mine!
Finally it ran good but it seemed to take a long time for it to drop down to normal idle. Started again about an hour later and it ran well but again seemed to stay around 2500 RPM for longer than usual - maybe I'm forgettting how long they usually take to drop down to ~1700. Any thoughts on any of this? BTW, I did use fuel stabilizer before storage but it is the first year that I didn't start her up in the summer. Would there be any problem with running some automotive fuel system cleaner in the Yammie?

thanks,

No issue^.. But a lot of guys always do this, they get anxious to run their sled, its the first time of the year, its sat a while, the fuel is old - even with stabilizer - and they panic something is wrong.. Just wait to give it a proper ride and get fresh gas in it again, I'm sure its fine.

I had stabilizer in mine but when I start my it takes 3 times before it will idle. I expect old gas is the problem with mine as well.

Supa Dexta said:
No issue^.. But a lot of guys always do this, they get anxious to run their sled, its the first time of the year, its sat a while, the fuel is old - even with stabilizer - and they panic something is wrong.. Just wait to give it a proper ride and get fresh gas in it again, I'm sure its fine.
Thanks for the reassurance. Not sure if you meant there would also be no issue with using the fuel system cleaner or not. I'm thinking it should be fine to use as I've used it in my outboard with good success.

Pulled my chain case apart for the first time. I gotta say it was a piece of cake after the problems my fathers' AC chain case gave me. Going to change out the bearings and maybe put in a new track.

Back