• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do you think of Sidewinder XTX 137 LE?

awolb69

Extreme
I really like the spring only XTX 137 LE, but I have a few questions. First the website says the front ski stance is 42-43" but the brochure that I got last night at the show says ski stance is 40-42" adjustable. Looks like the same spindles and A-arms as LTX and RTX's so which is it? Next, this model comes with the FOX 1.5 Zero QS3 (2.0 Zero in rear) on it. The LTX and RTX LE's have the FOX Zero QS3R with Kashima Coat. Just how much better are these shocks with the Kashima Coat? Is it worth the extra $$$. Last, the XTX 137 LE comes with the Camoplast 1.75" Backcountry track. Now I ride mostly in the lake effect snow areas of New York State. Mostly flatland but do go into Adirondack Mt area quite a bit. Snow can range from several feet (we hope) to a crusty hardpack couple inches. If I'm not in powder all the time, will the 1.75" track eat the sliders up. I currently have a '14 Viper LTX SE 137 with the ripsaw 1.25 and I have never had any slider wear issues with over 6600mi on it. Super exited about this new sled!

Riding buddy with 16 cat 137 has the same back country track on his and no issues at all with slide wear. That track is a lot of fun. Really hooks up. Still slides well in corners.

As for the shocks the sleds with the Kashimas have the clickers on all 4 shocks the others have no clicker on center shock. That makes it worth it in my book but either with qs3's is a really nice shock package.

Riding buddy with 16 cat 137 has the same back country track on his and no issues at all with slide wear. That track is a lot of fun. Really hooks up. Still slides well in corners.
That's kind of what I was thinking with the engine this powerful. That extra lug height will prob be a good combination with powertrain. I'm really not an absolute top speed freak so if there is any mph lost due to deeper lug track that is fine with me. I also do like the #*$&@ end to slide around a little in corners as well. I don't stud my sleds (I know a lot of guys here will think its crazy to not stud a 180+hp sled but I've punctured too many heat exchangers through the years to want to deal with that anymore) so any help in traction is welcome.

Last, the XTX 137 LE comes with the Camoplast 1.75" Backcountry track. Now I ride mostly in the lake effect snow areas of New York State. Mostly flatland but do go into Adirondack Mt area quite a bit. Snow can range from several feet (we hope) to a crusty hardpack couple inches. If I'm not in powder all the time, will the 1.75" track eat the sliders up. I currently have a '14 Viper LTX SE 137 with the ripsaw 1.25 and I have never had any slider wear issues with over 6600mi on it. Super exited about this new sled!
You and your sliders will be good to go and you'll never look back... or maybe just to make sure your riding buddies are still back there!! I ride same conditions and I'm running the Backcountry 1.75" on both my Nytro XTX and my turbo Viper RTX and LOVE IT!!! No slider issues what so ever and even if there was, trust me you would still have the smile on your face while in the garage replacing the sliders. That 1.75" works that well! Friend has it on both his Apex (128) and Viper (137), another on his Nytro XTX, and another on his AC XF7000 (137). Don't make your model choice based on the track though, buy the model you want and then swap out the 1.25" track while still new (plenty of people looking for 1.25" replacement tracks, so you get most of the 1.75" track cost back).

I really like the spring only XTX 137 LE, but I have a few questions. First the website says the front ski stance is 42-43" but the brochure that I got last night at the show says ski stance is 40-42" adjustable. Looks like the same spindles and A-arms as LTX and RTX's so which is it? Next, this model comes with the FOX 1.5 Zero QS3 (2.0 Zero in rear) on it. The LTX and RTX LE's have the FOX Zero QS3R with Kashima Coat. Just how much better are these shocks with the Kashima Coat? Is it worth the extra $$$. Last, the XTX 137 LE comes with the Camoplast 1.75" Backcountry track. Now I ride mostly in the lake effect snow areas of New York State. Mostly flatland but do go into Adirondack Mt area quite a bit. Snow can range from several feet (we hope) to a crusty hardpack couple inches. If I'm not in powder all the time, will the 1.75" track eat the sliders up. I currently have a '14 Viper LTX SE 137 with the ripsaw 1.25 and I have never had any slider wear issues with over 6600mi on it. Super exited about this new sled!
Its 42-43 must be a misprint.

That's kind of what I was thinking with the engine this powerful. That extra lug height will prob be a good combination with powertrain. I'm really not an absolute top speed freak so if there is any mph lost due to deeper lug track that is fine with me. I also do like the #*$&@ end to slide around a little in corners as well. I don't stud my sleds (I know a lot of guys here will think its crazy to not stud a 180+hp sled but I've punctured too many heat exchangers through the years to want to deal with that anymore) so any help in traction is welcome.
If they make them get the DuPont slides,that is what came stock on my 15 apex xtx 144 3,000 miles all still good,unstudded with ice scratches,work great.

Back