• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Where should I hook up helmut plug

Smokey said:
Would there be anything wrong with wiring it direct to the back of the cigarette plug???? It is already fused.

I don't think so as it doesn't draw much current...If it did it would melt the shield. Think about it..

If you are wired directly to the battery you should have a fuse in-line. If you have a short you won't have to worry about frying your harness. Just replace the fuse. Cheap insurance. Just pick up an in-line fuse at Radio Shack or harware store and wire it into the hot lead.

Smokey said:
Would there be anything wrong with wiring it direct to the back of the cigarette plug???? It is already fused.

thats exactly what i did....soldered it and used shrink tubing ...works perfect and it left the accessory plug open

It sure would have been nice to know this before i put everything back together again. So the most that could happen is the wire could short out if the wire rubbed against metal and my shield would melt, or could the machine catch fire too?

I have seen a cord short and burn anything it is touching , jacket , arm , etc , must be fused.

Direct battery ( fused )is good , you can defrost with engine not running !

The power plug , (Gama & Kimpex ) have an adapter to plug direct into it and then to the shield.
Used one all last year worked perfect ! (2007 rtx )

Back