• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha delivery problems

djofwitsnd

"What is the scoop? :o| Last spring I ordered 2 vector ltx's and my dealership does not have a definite delivery date. They say that Yamaha cut back of production but I would like to think that they would have supplied the dealers who had definite orders for sleds first but that is not the case. I live in southern nh and the dealerships around here have sleds on the floor but not the dealership that I ordered from (northern nh). Supposedly my sleds are confirmed, they were supposed to be delivered in Oct., then Nov. and now it is December. I have reserversations up north, have stopped advertising my my 06 vectors sale and with roughly only 3 weekends before xmas I am getting really POed. The end of Nov. has come and gone (the experation date for the extended warranty offer, (they say I will get it (nothing in writing). If I do not receive soon I will have to eat my deposit up North. If I register my existing sleds in NH and Maine for the break I will eat the cost of that since sled registrations are not transferrable. Then IF and When I get my sleds I will have to register them. I would have liked to think that Yamaha, a billion dollar (my assumption) company knew how to run a business better. What is the purpose of pre-ordering in the spring if they do not honor those first ? Does anyone know email addresses for the people higher up. I have the customer service number in Ca. but that is all. HELP

djofwitsnd :o|

i think it's an LTX issue - my dealer has his 2010 vectors on the floor. dealer allotments were cut way back this year - press your dealer for more info, he can get it if you push hard enough, he can start with his district rep and move up from there.

I thought Yamaha didn't do a Spring order this year? wasn't it some voucher thing with a longer warranty? was there even a deposit needed?

yamaredman and djofwitsnd,

Please take the time to update your location in your profile.
Thanks!

Welcome to TY.

I would def. be pissed!! You should tell that dealer you want whatever money you put down on the sled back today or you want your sled TODAY!!

Tell him you are on your way down the road to purchase a skidoo since they actually deliver their sleds.... That is total BS

I had a simliar problem in 1997 I snowchecked a brand new 1998 polaris indy xc 600. come Sept. I called the dealer. No answer. I continued to call and leave messages every week from the middle of sept. until the end of Nov. Finally I got a call back from the dealer. He had gone bankrupt over summer and never told anyone. He said I had a sled, it was waiting for delivery but I needed to go to another polaris dealer and strike up a new deal, including a new price. Well The next best price I could find was $800 more and I had to drive 2 hours away from home to get it.... I had no choice. Pay $800 more for my sled that I allready had a signed contract with another dealer for... Or not have a new sled and the old dealer had my old sled that I traded in, so at that time I had nothing!!..... It was such a mess.....

In the end. The old dealer paid me for my trade in and I took that money, added it with the other maney I allready had (+ $800) and went and got my new sled on December 20th... I was so pissed it was undescribable. I could not believe that a dealer could go bankrupt and close his doors and not tell the people who had contracts for new machines... His shop looked open. sleds inside, gear on the shelves, etc... but no one was ever there when I went up and no one would answer the phone. I even found his home telephone number and started calling and leaving messages there... I think that was how I finally got ahold of him... WHAT A MESS!!

Not just yammy here. Over on John Dee there is a couple of post of people having that problem with Poo's write now also. Not to make any less of it because it is total crap. You got a jump on the gun and took care of things in the spring and should be at the front of the line for sure.

It's hard to be patient but they are on the way. I just took delivery of my 2010 RTX the day after Thanksgiving. The dealer got it on Tuesday and I picked up on Friday. BTW mine has a build date of 09/09 so i'd say Yami is taking there time... ;)!

I experienced the same thing with my dealer.
The date kept slipping but he had a confirmed order.
He was able to get updates on the projected ship dates and continued updating me.
A shipment came into the New Jersey Yamaha facility on 11/23 and my LTX arrived in Maine 12/1
As woolyviper said your dealer will be able to get an update from Yamaha Just be sure it is a confirmed order.
Looks like LTX production was late and the dealer allocations were reduced.
Good luck

thatd be about enough to piss a guy off.. you spring order a sled and patiently have to wait all summer for it.. then still nothing in the fall.. now its december and snow is here and you dont have your new sled!! as Swiss Sledder said, ski-doo is doing the same thing, i think with renegade 4tecs. Pretty rediculous if you ask me..

Back