• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha done with sleds

needed ssfc approval
Again. What does the motor size have to do with it. Noise is decibels not cc’s. Hell all these sleds are quiet now if Yamaha had to make a super quiet exhaust to get it through a test they can. Motor size is negligible.

Again. What does the motor size have to do with it. Noise is decibels not cc’s. Hell all these sleds are quiet now if Yamaha had to make a super quiet exhaust to get it through a test they can. Motor size is negligible.
Don’t believe it. Size always matters. Lol

Food for thought!
Not to disturbed on this Big News, it's been expected since I bought my 17 LTX-LE Yamacat, brand new!

Will it change the way my sled rides, handles and pulls stock, or with the added Boost?

What's the future hold for Yamaha parts sale for my old sled?

My dealer sold his franchise (Yamaha and Polaris)prior to last season, but realize that they would not work on anything 10 years old or older before the sale!

Got a great deal when I bought in 2017, with a 5 YEAR WARRANTY! SO, what or who will warranty that upcoming last year sled?

Still liking my old sled, but only one other model gets me, and that"s the Blue SRX's. That model will always hold it's appeal and value in my mind!

I am sure the 2025’s will be a hot commodity. There will be collectors and die hard Yamaha guys that want them for obvious reasons.

If it is anything like 2023 and 2024, few will be available.

Food for thought!
Not to disturbed on this Big News, it's been expected since I bought my 17 LTX-LE Yamacat, brand new!

Will it change the way my sled rides, handles and pulls stock, or with the added Boost?

What's the future hold for Yamaha parts sale for my old sled?

My dealer sold his franchise (Yamaha and Polaris)prior to last season, but realize that they would not work on anything 10 years old or older before the sale!

Got a great deal when I bought in 2017, with a 5 YEAR WARRANTY! SO, what or who will warranty that upcoming last year sled?

Still liking my old sled, but only one other model gets me, and that"s the Blue SRX's. That model will always hold it's appeal and value in my mind!
Read the press release.

Why are there so many people thinking that the only thing that ac collabs with Yamaha are sleds? Yamaha pulling out of the sled business, does not mean they will not be an engine supplier. They are an engine builder/supplier first. Sled builder 10th.

I would love to see numbers, but my bet is AC/Textron sells more Wildcat XX SXS's with the NA 998, than they do annually of the sleds with 998t in them. The supplier agreement is not all about sleds. Until they start producing a replacement for the NA 998, they will keep that agreement open if only to keep producing the Wildcat XX.

This is also true for the hottest selling kids sleds in the 120/200 class. Yamaha will not be leaving that camp anytime soon. Yup, no blue ones, but you can bet all those other brands will still be begging for a fresh stock of yellow, red and green ones. Those were Yamaha engines right? I could be wrong.

I am sure the 2025’s will be a hot commodity. There will be collectors and die hard Yamaha guys that want them for obvious reasons.

If it is anything like 2023 and 2024, few will be available.
The last Apex orders were low. Sure diehard collectors will place orders for SWs but a lot depends on what happens to the Thundercat. AC could expand production with multi flavor Thundercats. AC likes to manufacture for AC customers could care less about manufacturing Yamaha units.

As Milton Friedman said the market determines winners and losers. Die hard Yamaha guy here for years. Even bought into the hybrid with Cat. Bottom line they got smoked. Thier hard headed approach, and slow processes to innovation and change and rediculous decision to rule out two strokes did them in. Please don’t tell us it’s market forces that now forced you to pull out and that it’s a business decision. Bombardier is also a large international company producing many related and unrelated products. They have invested and innovated, even if slightly, in some years, to produce products that people want, while we received color changes and bs suspension tweaks for two decades. Yes 998 was awesome, but the reality is that it was placed in an aging, albeit really good, Cat chassis. If it was squeezed in other two manufacturers sleds it would be awesome also, maybe even more. If they wanted to make it work and take market share they could have invested like others and made it happen. Simply no desire to do so. So much for loyalty. I’m open to any brand now even a new one which often occurs when this stuff happens. Do I change my atv, jet ski or bike interest. Already have.

I disagree with others stating that Yamaha is an engine builder first.
I don't know of any complete Yamaha machine that uses an engine other than their own, across all of their product lines which are massive.
Yamaha doesn't seek out companies to use their engines. Companies will seek out Yamaha to supply them, like Cat has done.
And overall globally, it's really quite small.

Last edited:
They aren't an engine builder first but they are an engine builder, consultant, and supplier. That was what got them started and as far as I know, they will still undertake that work. Of course there are lots of engineering design firms that can as well but very few have yamaha's manufacturing capacity.

I would be very surprised if Yamaha doesn’t have a sales team assigned to Polaris ,
I disagree with others stating that Yamaha is an engine builder first.
I don't know of any complete Yamaha machine that uses an engine other than their own, across all of their product lines which are massive.
Yamaha doesn't seek out companies to use their engines. Companies will seek out Yamaha to supply them, like Cat has done.
And overall globally, it's really quite small.
I would be very surprised if Yamaha doesn’t have a sales team assigned to Textron,Polaris and BRP. That’s standard procedure for any OEM looking to grow and expand their business.

I would be very surprised if Yamaha doesn’t have a sales team assigned to Polaris ,

I would be very surprised if Yamaha doesn’t have a sales team assigned to Textron,Polaris and BRP. That’s standard procedure for any OEM looking to grow and expand their business.
I don't think so. It was Cat that went to Yamaha for the triple after Suzuki ended.

Back