• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamalaris build

Thanks for the follow up! I always hate seeing a cool build with one off parts and never hearing the pitfalls of it. Helps me learn and build it better on my own stuff. Glad its working out for you!

Well I guess the season is over. I twisted my knee up last weekend doing some donuts in the mountains. Lots of snow still but I’m going to need to recover. I put on another 300 km of mountain riding on it. And it is so much fun. The weight is very centered feeling and does not submarine like my nytro. I’m guessing this is how the new sidewinder feels. I changed out the yoshi exhaust with a hush power muffler and it is a bit quieter so that is a bonus. I also had to shim out the brake rotor as it was too close to the exhaust pipe, and heated up the brake system which was a exciting moment. I also had to move the oil tank up as I noticed it was below the lower feed to the motor and on steep hills it would flash low oil warning. I also bought a sidewinder heat shielding for the exhaust pipe to keep some of the heat controlled. Their is a long list of things to finish up this summer.
B289E5B5-ABDA-4D51-96DF-F6163DB89080.jpeg

71917E5E-3E29-4A65-83AE-6CDDF96BA054.jpeg

2875F5BA-A56F-4EEB-9FC4-3CF180973A2B.jpeg

With the summer heat it’s time to start spending some time in my cool garage. I have built a chromoly front bumper for the sled. It should save the hood from taking on a tree.

Attachments

• 875F3CA3-2CCD-4CD2-B38A-E39F815FC88F.jpeg
    875F3CA3-2CCD-4CD2-B38A-E39F815FC88F.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 122
Ya I do know that but it is not natural for me to take pictures like that so unfortunately I forget

Took it for a good rip today and found some fresh snow. Man this sled is fun. I can’t get over how easy it is to maneuver. Few issues today to look into. First my handwarmers are acting weird sometimes a code 81 sometimes not. Popping a fuse ect. I am going to have to dig deep into this one as handwarmers are needed this time of year. Then the other weird one was when climbing steep hills and jumping erosion ditches it would shut off when it comes down. But fire right up again I’m not sure what could even cause that. I need to go thru a bunch of electrical stuff maybe I got a rubbed thru wire somewhere.

Look for fuel starvation issues on the cut out while jumping.

Are you using the warmers just like stock? What ohms do you have them wired up in?
Thanks kinger I had not thought about fuel starvation issues. Since I have fuel pickups in the front and rear of tank. But I will check into it. Maybe a pickup is not working or in wrong spot now. As for the handgrips. I just checked them and the ohms are low they are at 3.4 on the yamalaris. I checked my nytro and they are at 6.6. When I hooked it up I just soldered the stock Polaris stuff to the nytro wiring. I found a used Yamaheater this summer and I installed it a few weeks ago. And it warmed things up really fast but blew a 20 amp fuse within 5 min. I can not find anywhere that will run it. Without popping a fuse. Looks like I have to check my connection at where I solder them together. Maybe I hooked it up to low setting

Back