• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 lineup !!!

looks like they put a rear heat exchanger on the Apex sleds and does anybody know what they mean by "tall seat"? Maybe a new higher seat on the Apex models too.

gormleyflyer2002 said:
rx-1erlimitededition said:
Unless your in the market for a Utility Sled, 2009 is a very very disappointing year for the entire snowmobiling industry! Do the manufactures really think they can ask us to pay 12,000 to 14,000 for new decals!

yup

X2

Watch out for the 09 Doo's with the eTec's and 4S motors. IF, and I know it's a big IF, their 4S motor does well, you will see a bunch of people jumping ship in '10 to ride a true light(er) weight 4S that has what might be the best seating position that people "across the board" like.

Albany Show tonite-------Big Let Down !

We went to the show with 3 couples tonite, all I can say is Yamaha's product development is once again, sitting on their arrsses and is going to let the competition jump ahead. All their efforts are being focused on the Nytro chassis and this is only a 25-30% segment of the market --IMO. The Apex chassis is
the same and is starting to feel dated. I have owned 2- Apex's and 1- Attack and must say that my 08 Cat F1000 Sno Pro is my current sled of choice for ride quality and handling and next years 09 Turbo 4- Stroke looks pretty darn appealing. Our gals were also not impressed and are leaning towards the Doo and Cat Camp for 08. BNG---Yamaha wake up !
Ps the factory rep attending told us wait until 2010 !!! thats what they told us at last years show.

looks to me like yami is starting to lose some appeal to some people...sure hope they read the boards....i for one am also disappointed....but i have my 07 phazer now and will be keeping it for a while anyway...and what is with the black and orange?????? oh well....guess we will have to keep hearing about the "ohhhh so light" skidoos for another year plus...sure hope skidoo doesnt blow by yami with their upcoming 4stroke in the xp chassis....altho i dont think the xp chassis will last as long as yami

so let me get this straight and please correct me if im wrong....yami adds some new colors/decals to their sleds, and makes a 144 crossover on ONE model and we are supposed to get excited about that??? come on yamaha....

ZAKSTANG said:
looks to me like yami is starting to lose some appeal to some people...sure hope they read the boards....i for one am also disappointed....but i have my 07 phazer now and will be keeping it for a while anyway...and what is with the black and orange?????? oh well....guess we will have to keep hearing about the "ohhhh so light" skidoos for another year plus...sure hope skidoo doesnt blow by yami with their upcoming 4stroke in the xp chassis....altho i dont think the xp chassis will last as long as yami

so let me get this straight and please correct me if im wrong....yami adds some new colors/decals to their sleds, and makes a 144 crossover on ONE model and we are supposed to get excited about that??? come on yamaha....
Just out of curiosity what were you looking for?

Re: Albany Show tonite-------Big Let Down !

jdm said:
Yamaha's product development is once again, sitting on their arrsses and is going to let the competition jump ahead. All their efforts are being focused on the Nytro chassis and this is only a 25-30% segment of the market --IMO. The Apex chassis is
the same and is starting to feel dated. I have owned 2- Apex's and 1- Attack and must say that my 08 Cat F1000 Sno Pro is my current sled of choice for ride quality and handling and next years 09 Turbo 4- Stroke looks pretty darn appealing.
While I agree if your an Apex lover than you may be dissapointed this year. However stating that an F1 sno pro is your choice I question why you don't like the Nytro. After all the Nytro is much closer to an F sled than the Apex. Let alone a sno pro. You will never get an Apex to have the suspension capability of a snopro version. My friend has an F6 and I have said many times "I like the sled except for the two stroke." I think that Yamaha really needs to look out for the Jag or Z1 whatever you want to call it. It definently has some potential. If it's top speed your looking for than again an F1 is not your sled either. Please elaborate. on your statment. Not defending anyone just curious. I agree that the Apex is due but figured it would not happen this year, don't exactly know why just knew it wasn't going to be this year.

i was looking for yami to answer the "light weight" critics...and do what yami has ALWAYS done in the past with their other products and STAY AHEAD OF THE CURVE and SET THE BAR and be better than EVERYONE out there....is their product still the best performing, most reliable out there??? HELL YA but the competition isnt standing still and it seems yami is...its just not like them is all im saying.....i have ALWAYS been a yami fan and will NEVER own anything else....

Wow I know I am dissappointed again this year. I have had yamahas all my life and would like to stay faithful but it is getting hard to keep in front of those light ski-doos. I have ridden them and they are pretty sweet sleds. Ya know a light 4s might be nice which means the 4 cylinders need to be cut down to 2. This all reminds of the days of the heavy vmax 4, fast but slow in the corners cause of its weight.
The fact is if yamaha doesn't get its act together than I am going to be switching brands. I ride hard and am sick of being the one that is worn out at the end of the day because I ride such a heavy sled.

Looking at the Apex RTX specs not only did my prayers for more horsepower not get answered they shrank the fuel tank and it put on like 16 lbs. Hell these sleds are like aging men......Bladder gets smaller and put on a little weight every year.

For all you whiners out there the sooner you jump ship the better!Another reason why the manufacturers do not listen to the mainstream because most of the time consumers don't have a clue on what they want or need. :yam: :rocks: :4STroke:

Back