• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 AK sled build

rlcofmn said:
Sportsterdanne said:
The tunnel looks really good.

I'm glad someone thinks so.

Sorry buddy, you know we love ya. But someone had to say it. ;):D

Hey I like it. I think it's cool that he left the running boards wide enough to land a super cub on too. Mobile air strip, next level chit.

Also, Caleb, what's this nonsense about your riding buddies opinions? Having riding buddies implies you ride... :D

I'll be on it again Saturday. I'm still working out of town 5-6 days a week. I spent last Sunday tearing my sled apart so I could rob the coolers.

Picked up my 156x16x2.5, 153 Ice Age rails and Synapse diverter valve today.
IMG_3431.jpg

Got the cross bar done for the gas tank/seat frame. Another 21 rivets in that sucker. Sunday I'll get started on the seat frame which will tie the two cross bars together.

IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

Here's a pic with my old seat frame just for a reference. I'm going to try and tuck the battery in their too to get some more weight out of the front.
IMG_3433.jpg

Gas tank trimmed for the cross bar
IMG_3448.jpg

IMG_3451.jpg

IMG_3455.jpg

IMG_3457.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

IMG_3471.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3473.jpg

I'll have a forward support for the seat but it will be bolt on. It's a tight squeeze to get the gas tank out as it is. When I get back next week I'll finish the gas tank mounts, seat mounts, battery bracket, and misc. tunnel items.

My old seat frame was 2 lbs + bolts. Current one is about .75 lbs worth of 1/2" tube.

Seat Frame looks Great!!!! :Rockon:

Did I mention I went riding this weekend? ;):D

Baby 2554. I have everything needed to build it. Come Friday I get 11 days off so I'm going to try and finish the chassis and build the turbo.

Back