• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2019 Yamaha Snowmobiles – Be ready when the flag drops!!!

I don't know why Cat and Yamaha didn't get all the disappointment over on the same day. Why wait another week to introduce the same sled unless, unless, is that Santa?

I don't know why Cat and Yamaha didn't get all the disappointment over on the same day. Why wait another week to introduce the same sled unless, unless, is that Santa?
Nope not Santa. Just Jack Frost.:)

No it's a old srx , they are trying to make some kind of statement... Obviously it has coil over shocks probably different controls like the cats lowered suspension . Minor changes , I think the best you could hope for in a major change would be a mono rail skid. Yamaha won't ever bring back a two stroke MTN sled they made a decision and have stuck with it .

Yawn. I feel listening to the same old post sure makes me tired. Yawn. Lol

No it's a old srx , they are trying to make some kind of statement... Obviously it has coil over shocks probably different controls like the cats lowered suspension . Minor changes , I think the best you could hope for in a major change would be a mono rail skid. Yamaha won't ever bring back a two stroke MTN sled they made a decision and have stuck with it .

Although I love my 4 Stroke and many around here do the decision to go 4 Stoke only sunk the Yamaha brand in the snowmobile market. None of us want to admit it, but deep down we all know that’s what happened. Yamaha Corporate sunk millions and millions into the snow division in the ‘00s developing an all 4 Stroke line-up. They just never took off in sales and then the big recession hit followed by poor snow years. I still believe that Yamaha Corporate was ready to pull the plug on snowmobiles, but a few snowmobile diehards like Chris Reed (and a few others in North America) made the Cat deal happen to save the division. I think we’ll see a nice line-up of ‘19s, but with Yamaha limiting themselves to a small market the Yamacats will be most (if not the whole) line.

Will there be more in the future? Only if Yamaha Corporate sends the cash needed to actually start true North America production of snowmobiles or if Textron spins off the snow division and Yamaha buys it. I guess my advice is enjoy what they’ve got for now. I’m having a lot of fun on my Viper and in the end that’s what this sport is all about.

Saw the video before it was taken down.
56693.png

Where does it say this is lowered like an SRX?
1" track, lowered stance, electric front and rear adjustable fox suspension, 4th wheel kit,
I'm hearing maybe a bit different gearing, and 10mph more top end over a stock winder.

If not allowed feel free to remove Tom

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180228-123628.jpg
    Screenshot_20180228-123628.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 197
  • Screenshot_20180228-123636.jpg
    Screenshot_20180228-123636.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 200
  • Screenshot_20180228-123641.jpg
    Screenshot_20180228-123641.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 210
  • Screenshot_20180228-123649.jpg
    Screenshot_20180228-123649.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Judging by the pics of the shocks, look like it got the iACT package from Cat too (shocks adjustable on the fly from the handlebar controls).

And they give us another Cat........
So the question is, when Textron drops Cat, because they don't need them, are we down to just two manufacturers?

Judging by the pics of the shocks, look like it got the iACT package from Cat too (shocks adjustable on the fly from the handlebar controls).
Yes it is, Makes me wonder if it is Fox technology or Cat technology? Kind of like them using Team for clutching etc.... Outside vendor engineering is always cheaper than paying inside

Last edited by a moderator:
1" track, lowered stance, electric front and rear adjustable fox suspension, 4th wheel kit,
I'm hearing maybe a bit different gearing, and 10mph more top end over a stock winder.

If not allowed feel free to remove Tom
Great! A lowered lower lug rebadged sidewinder, maybe ill trade my ford truck for a lower chevy truck with smaller tires.
I hope there's something else

Back