• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2022 Sidewinder ltx eps - getting rid of push

Where are you advertising?
Facebook Marketplace, 15 different sidewinder/9000 groups (sledjiji etc) on FB and Kijiji
Not sure where else to advertise? It's literally the cheapest power steering sled I have seen advertised, let alone all the supporting mods.

Facebook Marketplace, 15 different sidewinder/9000 groups (sledjiji etc) on FB and Kijiji
Not sure where else to advertise? It's literally the cheapest power steering sled I have seen advertised, let alone all the supporting mods.

Thats a great price, lots of 21's listed for that price. The market is crashing in Canada, too bad, I was going to sell my 21 and get a 22/23 with EPS.
DM me a link to your ad on FB I can at least like it there and share it.

Thats a great price, lots of 21's listed for that price. The market is crashing in Canada, too bad, I was going to sell my 21 and get a 22/23 with EPS.

I was able to share it with a friend. Sooooo tempted.. I have a lot lower kms but yours are not that high either. Hmmm.

Bad for the seller but unfortunately this had to happen, you can’t have 2010 doo’s going for $10k + or 2017 SW’s going for $17k +, something has to give.

Bad for the seller but unfortunately this had to happen, you can’t have 2010 doo’s going for $10k + or 2017 SW’s going for $17k +, something has to give.

Oh I agree. But there are still $30k winders and machzs out there. It hasn't caught up to everyone yet but reality is setting in. I am in the same boat for a new pickup truck, just hanging in there a bit longer for prices on 22s or 21s to come down.

I know you have your mind made BUT, just because it didn't handle like your 2019 with the 2019 suspension set up doesn't mean you cant figure it out.
The 2019 and 2020 and up are SLIGHTLY different sleds and probably don't respond to the same adjustments in the same way.
You just have to find out what that chassis wants to make it handle like you want. You can figure it out.
Dont give up. Dont take a bath on that sled out of frustration.
I will be trying the Slydog Command ski this Friday and will report back.

I was able to share it with a friend. Sooooo tempted.. I have a lot lower kms but yours are not that high either. Hmmm.

Pull the trigger! You can sell your current sled next fall. Thats a buy someone here can't pass up!

I know you have your mind made BUT, just because it didn't handle like your 2019 with the 2019 suspension set up doesn't mean you cant figure it out.
The 2019 and 2020 and up are SLIGHTLY different sleds and probably don't respond to the same adjustments in the same way.
You just have to find out what that chassis wants to make it handle like you want. You can figure it out.
Dont give up. Dont take a bath on that sled out of frustration.
I will be trying the Slydog Command ski this Friday and will report back.

Rich, you and I both know either sled can be made to handle and ride well with just a simple tweak here or there, its not rocket science, but he's made up his mind, he listed it weeks ago before making the tweaks needed to go in the right direction! He wants to sell one sled or the other before spring. Someone here needs to snap it up. I'd snap it up and make a bunch of coin on it come next fall if I was near! The EPS sleds here dont last a week on the market. I watched a 2022 Cat go for 18K with same miles, and a 2023 go for 19K in less than a weeks time, both bone stock. Good non EPS sleds with good shocks still holding strong, but would be best to wait till next fall now.

wish I had the cash!! $14k is a good deal, you will get your price, be patient. What's killing sled sales is probably the shortened season.

Pull the trigger! You can sell your current sled next fall. Thats a buy someone here can't pass up!

Rich, you and I both know either sled can be made to handle and ride well with just a simple tweak here or there, its not rocket science, but he's made up his mind, he listed it weeks ago before making the tweaks needed to go in the right direction! He wants to sell one sled or the other before spring. Someone here needs to snap it up. I'd snap it up and make a bunch of coin on it come next fall if I was near! The EPS sleds here dont last a week on the market. I watched a 2022 Cat go for 18K with same miles, and a 2023 go for 19K in less than a weeks time, both bone stock. Good non EPS sleds with good shocks still holding strong, but would be best to wait till next fall now.

I have made my mind up, but I disagree on the tweaking/tuning part. You cant 'adjust out' a different COG or roll center. I could swap spindles and rails and then it would be tuned out.
If it could be tuned out, I'm sure the Herfindalhl racing team would have kept using the sleds with new spindles...

I have made my mind up, but I disagree on the tweaking/tuning part. You cant 'adjust out' a different COG or roll center. I could swap spindles and rails and then it would be tuned out.
If it could be tuned out, I'm sure the Herfindalhl racing team would have kept using the sleds with new spindles...

Loosening the spring reduces the COG and ride height easily enough.

You complained about ski lift and pushing initially, and both can be tuned out very easily with either front end. I agree that the short spindle does lower the COG however, but the long spindle was needed to prevent the bulkhead from bottoming on the trail anyway. IMO that was the reason the factory did the long spindles. they just made it sound like some "big change" to get people to buy into a new sled.

Loosening the spring reduces the COG and ride height easily enough.

You complained about ski lift and pushing initially, and both can be tuned out very easily with either front end. I agree that the short spindle does lower the COG however, but the long spindle was needed to prevent the bulkhead from bottoming on the trail anyway. IMO that was the reason the factory did the long spindles. they just made it sound like some "big change" to get people to buy into a new sled.
Agreed on the some part of the tuning, but even with loose springs, its' 1.5 inch taller from ski to bottom of A-arm. The factory wanted the ground clearance for sure.
1.5 inches doesn't seem like much unless you're trying to rail corners at warp speed....

So in regards to push vs grab. I've got a 2019 also but a tcat,.I've goty sag set at about 30% (I believe) on the front and a raptor triple rate in the middle.

I have learned with my setup is there is a point where if I crank the bars for more grip when push it will grab and lift the inside ski. I've learned to to deal with this by adjusting inputs and some body position.

Back