• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Anyone having issues with TD power trail reflash

I also wondered if there could be a stock tune with more boost, that worked with stock muffler, obviously wont make the same HP but if it could make 225 or something and be bone stock muffler, that is a big cost savings and many would likely take that to keep her ultra stealth sounding.

Dan

That's what I'm looking for.

Put the loud muffler on for race day!

I think evo is working on a tune for stock exhaust. Think I read it on their website

I emailed them about the mapx tuner but no reply

EVO has a tune with stock exhaust. +22hp, not sure if it is released yet but I spoke with them about it.

EVO has a tune with stock exhaust. +22hp, not sure if it is released yet but I spoke with them about it.

Nice. That's what I'm looking for.

I like the idea of tuning the sled myself as well. Stealth mode on the trail and high performance on race day

I'm running it. 1000 miles on it with the OSP muffler (Very similar to Turbo Force). Very impressed.
The great thing with Ben is his tunes are ever evolving. Always has a great safety factor and the only one with Knock light working off the factory system.

I have but wanted to get feedback from users with miles. We run in the UP and northern Ontario so run past 3/4 throttle happens often. I have almost 1k trouble free miles on now but would love to see what 270hp is like

Have you seen dyno sheet that show 270hp?
I for one do not buy from someone that i do not trust, and when someone claim 270hp when no one else is even close to that numbers i start to question that.
Several other well known tuners back up their data with dyno numbers, and their findings i can believe because the math back their findings in dyno.
So i would not take 270hp claim as a truth to me it sound as an sell pitch.
Think about it, production sled put out -181hp @ ~ 9.5psi of boost, and according to a several tuners ~ +58hp @ 15psi of boost, and thats pretty far from 270hp.
I bet the tune is spot on, but i wish they would not claim 270hp.
And as a side note, injectors are fully open, as in 100% duty cycle, @ 15psi boost and lambda 0.82.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

Last edited:
TD on their website, and i replied OP that would like to feel 270hp.
TD also claim 212hp on stock Sidewinder which is far from what any production sled have showed in any dyno, sadly, it would have been nice if it would be true.
Some prototypes had north of 200hp, but production sleds around 180hp, so a more correct figure would be ~250hp max, and that's exactly when the injectors are fully open.

Sent from my Sanwa M12

Both my buddy an i have it o. Our Tcats. Wild power. Did 450 miles on Quebec trails
No issues. Highly recommend. Had Td on previous sleds as well.
What kind of mileage are you getting with the PT? I have the ET and with aggressive trail riding I'm getting 13.7 mpg, that's not a lot of WOT for any long period but riding fast.

I believe MOST dynos showed about 200hp. Only one was 182hp in the summer heat. 90% were 196-204 hp and this comes from different vendors all over the continent. If TD says they're getting 270 hp, then they're getting 270hp. They've proven their numbers on others' dyno's for years. Reporting on speculation can be hurtful especially to a business that's GONE OUT of THEIR WAY to prove themselves...

Guys worry about HP numbers too much, I take the claimed HP with a grain of salt.

The tune is alot more important then peak HP, a long extended smooth top HP is what I like to see, and all the best safety factors built in. Ben's stuff has been proven to run strong, and be safe for many yrs now. So if I'm gonna trust anyone with the new SW tunes its gonna be someone who's got some history with reliable big power, and I have dealt with before. Ben's stuff flat out works.

In the end, dont worry so much about the HP, look at the boost PSI to compare.

Dan

Ok guys collected lots of feedback here and other places. Looks like the only problem I could find was power trail setting of injector alarm code. Just wondering if anyone seen that and what affect it has on machine.

Reactions: DC5
Guys worry about HP numbers too much, I take the claimed HP with a grain of salt.

The tune is alot more important then peak HP, a long extended smooth top HP is what I like to see, and all the best safety factors built in. Ben's stuff has been proven to run strong, and be safe for many yrs now. So if I'm gonna trust anyone with the new SW tunes its gonna be someone who's got some history with reliable big power, and I have dealt with before. Ben's stuff flat out works.

In the end, dont worry so much about the HP, look at the boost PSI to compare.

Dan
Ran my sled stock for 1000 miles and best it ever did on ice trails was 110. Just did PT flash dalton weights and turbo force exhaust must say now it's fun and very trail friendly showed 122 every run on a short lake. Think it could see 125 if I held it longer. But it did exactly what he said it would. I'm happy with the package

TD on their website, and i replied OP that would like to feel 270hp.
TD also claim 212hp on stock Sidewinder which is far from what any production sled have showed in any dyno, sadly, it would have been nice if it would be true.
Some prototypes had north of 200hp, but production sleds around 180hp, so a more correct figure would be ~250hp max, and that's exactly when the injectors are fully open.

Sent from my Sanwa M12
211 hp was dynotech research results. Btw my sled was broken in before the number plus i had a major boost leak.fixed. initial results were closer to 200hp...

http://www.turbodynamics.ca

Ok guys collected lots of feedback here and other places. Looks like the only problem I could find was power trail setting of injector alarm code. Just wondering if anyone seen that and what affect it has on machine.
Absolutely no problems. Latest version disables the inj code. On the 2nd version,, it can happen on some setups as we are near the limit of the inj. No ill effect at all... customers are at 7000km now already absolutely flawless and we have more flashes out there than anybody.

Powertrail is about as much as you will get hp wise safely on a fully stock sled other than the muffler of course. For 16 psi and up there will be a fuel system upgrade needed for cold temps.

Today we tested 2 sleds a cat and a yamaha sidewinder and testing went incredibly well. 2017 cat went 132mph gps 134mph radar in 2000 feet... 22 37 gears. Thats with a touring windhsield !!
Standard issue Powertrail v2 and td 3 inch race pipe dalton weights

Sidewinder went 135mph gps and radar 2000 feet.
16 psi. 22 37 gears dalton weights stock secondary settings with cover shims.

Btw 134 mph radar on the cat was most likely a glitch... gps numbers dont lie...

Btw i dont like the TD 3 inch pipe man is it loud.. sounds mean as hell but so loud .

Turboforce is much better on the ears and makes nearly the same power.

http://www.turbodynamics.ca

Back