• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex vs sdi fuel miledge

GTBlack

Veteran
my apex is getin like 17-18 miles to the gallon my sons rev 600 sdi gets around 23 should i be getin better gas miledge whith my apex? I always take mor gas than all my friends who have 600 revs.

GAS

THATS BECAUSE YOU ARE UP AHEAD.YOU FOLLOW THEM YOUR GAS MILEAGE WILL IMPROVE.

:die :jump: :4STroke: :rocks:

I'm guessing those are Canadian gallons, or you both are really babying thos sleds. The one time I rode with a 600 SDI we both put in the same amount of gas and got 13.4 miles per US gallon. This was running cross country at a moderate clip.

:ORC

I have a 2005 MXZ Adrenaline 600 HO SDI and a 2006 Attak. The Attak gets 14-15 MPG, and the SDI gets 18-20 MPG consistantly.

SRSchang said:
I have a 2005 MXZ Adrenaline 600 HO SDI and a 2006 Attak. The Attak gets 14-15 MPG, and the SDI gets 18-20 MPG consistantly.

I've had very similar results, sometimes the 600 SDI gets 23mpg.

The gas mileage thing always blows my Mind. You buy a expensive "TOY". You go ride it to have fun. Why do you care what kind of fuel mileage it gets. The only thing one should worry about is can I get from point a to point b on the fuel I can carry. As long as you can, you have no worries.

When Skidoo Builds a true 150hp sled that spins 10500 rpms at the crank and it gets 23 MPG I'll be Impressed. Until then It's a 600 that makes 110 to 120 hp that spins 7500rpms.

I could really care less about the fuel mileage. It is fair enough for me, whats that saying? You gotta pay to play?

dirkdiggler said:
The gas mileage thing always blows my Mind. You buy a expensive "TOY". You go ride it to have fun. Why do you care what kind of fuel mileage it gets. The only thing one should worry about is can I get from point a to point b on the fuel I can carry. As long as you can, you have no worries.

When Skidoo Builds a true 150hp sled that spins 10500 rpms at the crank and it gets 23 MPG I'll be Impressed. Until then It's a 600 that makes 110 to 120 hp that spins 7500rpms.

I agree! However, we always compare at fillups just for kicks and even the Mach1000 gets about the same mileage as the Apex. The SDI motors are great on fuel for 2-strokes, but I'd never buy one.

Everyone please remember, they may get a cpl miles to galon better, but they are also burning 30 a gallon oil, to the tune of about 10 bucks per tank, so who is ahead?????

dirkdiggler said:

Your arguement always blows my mind.

Just because someone buys a snowmobile does that mean they are rolling in dough ? Does that mean they have money to burn ? I know that is not the case for most of the guys I ride with. I save money thoughout the year to cover the cost of snowmobiling so any little bit I can save at the pump the better.

NY_Nytro said:
dirkdiggler said:

Your arguement always blows my mind.

Just because someone buys a snowmobile does that mean they are rolling in dough ? Does that mean they have money to burn ? I know that is not the case for most of the guys I ride with. I save money thoughout the year to cover the cost of snowmobiling so any little bit I can save at the pump the better.

If you can't afford the gas you should be buying a 10K sled. Period. Anyone who asks how much does it cost "can't afford it"

The other savings people don't factor in is the Premium fuel the two stroke require. the apex runs all day on 87. But you better fill the Mach Z or any other 2 stroke with premium and that's usual 20 cents more per gallon. That's 2 dollars more every time you fill up.

Back