• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex vs sdi fuel miledge

Hey Birdman, let's hook up for a week of Upper Peninsula Michigan riding or due north of that in Wawa, Canada. The mileage we get is tankfull by tankfull hand calculated using the odometer of each sled. All of us vary slightly in our group which, there are 9 Attaks total, but we can usually only get 4 of them together at any one time. Then maybe we come to your neck of the world & see the difference too. I'd be fun to just ride out East anyway.

We've pretty much always Spring ordered the same sled every two to three years as a group. SRX's, SXR's, Viper's, RXWarrior's, & now Attaks. The Attak's get the worst mpg of all these sleds, & the best on oil consumption. BTW, we are all happiest with the Attak's. Just for everyone's info, the Viper's are the only sleds we have EVER gotten consistantly over 20mpg of these model's. We have had a few times when others join the group & 2 snowmobile's that were over 20 were an Arctic Cat 660 nonturbo & Ski Doo GSX 600sdi.

Different rider's in our group, consistantly get the best or the worst mileage, no matter which sled they own. My Brother gets the worst "he's a HOT DOG". My Dad & myself are within FUMES of surpassing each other for the best. And everyone else ends up somewhere in between.

I still believe with some fine tuning, these Attak's can see better fuel economy. How much, I intend to find out.

as long as I can get 10 mpg or better I am happy and my attak seems to get about 12-13 on most tanks. I am not rich and gas is about the last thing I worry about when it comes to a sled purchase.

It seems that many of you, like myself, would like more fuel range.

I'm no so concerned really with the actual fuel mileage (although better fuel economy would always be better in my books). What causes me and my Apex riding buddies major grief is not having the fuel range of the REVs we ride with.

Anyway - anyone thinking there is a need for greater fuel range should fire an e-mail off to Chris Bullerdick at Tour Buddy. His e-mail address is tourbuddyinfo@yahoo.ca. I've spoken to Chris several times about making a tank for the Apex and their still on the fence. They make one for just about every other sled out there and their systems work very well.

Chris tells me that there simply aren't enough Apex's sold, even though the fuel range is low enough for many to justify an auxiliary tank, for them to invest in the tooling for the tank. He's already got the tank designed and about 150 inquiries for a tank, but he says he needs 250 before he'll consider manufacturing it.

To me extra fuel capacity would make these sleds ultimate long distance high performance cruisers. Already the cost of fuel and oil per mile is as good as the cheapest sleds out there (since we don't burn expensive 2-stroke oil) and if we could ride the distance we'd be all set.

Snowman.
My little brother has been trying to get me out west to ride ( Washington state ) and if I do I'll call you , I would love to, just hard to get the time off both work wise and family wise.

Ok Birdman, just send me a PM, that'd be fun!

I understand the time issues, as long as I have some notice, it'll make all the difference for me.

ReX, I'll send an email on the tour buddy, good idea. I still believe there is some more mileage to be sqeezed out of these machines too.

Back