• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

apex vs sdi fuel miledge

snowsdog said:
What bugs me is my 140hp RX1 got 18 to 20 and my FI 150hp Apex gets 13.

Whats up with that?

I never saw fuel milage like that on my RX-1. But I ride like a madman. I think 15 was the best. I got 13 on my attack.

my riding bud Casey has a 800 sdi, We ride alot together. I use about 1/2 gallon less than him per fill up. And I'm faster!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy with that :jump:

Attachments

• Bump stops 001.jpg
    Bump stops 001.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 74
  • Extra load Cam.jpg
    Extra load Cam.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 83
It all depends on how you ride, if you are cruising and not pounding I have seen up to 18 mpg with my mach, my dad rides a 2007 rs rage and when we fill up I always put less in by almost a gallon and I have 50 MORE hp than him.

nosmach said:
It all depends on how you ride, if you are cruising and not pounding I have seen up to 18 mpg with my mach, my dad rides a 2007 rs rage and when we fill up I always put less in by almost a gallon and I have 50 MORE hp than him.

that Rage should be getting 20 plus. How many Miles does it have on it?

I had a 600HO SDI prior to my Attak and consistantly got better gas milage with the Doo, have to give those SDI's credit, they are great on gas!!

If milage is your thing,you should have bought the 120 that's in the vector. It has the power of the 600 sdi and i always beat those 600s in milage.

My RTX was very similar to my buddies 800 powertek prior to adding the proline clutch kit. Since then i usually take 1/2 to 1 gallon more every 100 miles or so.

I would like better economy but performance is important as well. There are always trade offs and i think being able to turn the key and walk away while it warms up, and holding it to the bar across the lake without worrying if my piston will get blown out of my exhaust port, are well worth the sacrifice of a little mileage.

The doo's are good sleds, a little behind with the guage package, but i'm hooked on my reliable, smooth running 4 stroke.

My 06 mach z got about same mileage as apex gt mile for mile....SDI's are amazing on fuel for the ponys they have....600SDI is just a babey and gets about the best fuel economy on snow..Our 150hp sleds are pretty good for what we have...

and yes its true,they need premium fuel while we put in whatever we can find..LOL....so you probably still spend LESS money overall then 600SDI does.

also,i agree that just because we like speed and pay alot for sleds,doesnt mean we should be happy with POOR fuel economy....Im not saying 13mpg is poor but it could be better IMO.

I rode machs(triples) for many yrs and thought 9mpg was good!..LOL...so Im fine with the Apex MPG...but as in anything,they should get better as each model yr comes out...not sure why it got worse from rx to apex..probably due to fact its got alot more HP.

Dan

I love the gas Mileage on my Apex(14-16mpg). After riding my my 01 mxz 800 last year that got about 10 miles per gallon. It seems like it cost me nothing to drive my apex. My apex also drives better, has more power, does not take any oil, and I have not had the hood off yet this year. Love it.

We just got back from 450 miles in the UP with 2 Apex's and a 600 SDI to compare. Our GT's both took roughly 1/2 gallon less per fill up which suprised me. I ride harder and weigh more than both of the other guys, the SDI was a renegage so it was turning a little more track. I am running a 128 track which didn't do anything negative to my mileage so not sure if it matters. The SDI rider weighs around 160, I am 250 lbs and ride pretty hard. The SDI is the guy who prefers to ride in the back of the pack at his own speed.
The worst of the group was a 2003 XC700. We got a laugh at every stop because it was so bad. He would literally put in double what we would. Of course, he had the throttle duck taped open just about all day while to ride agressive trail speed on an Apex you only need to run half throttle because of the broad power range. The Mach Z SDI didn't last long enough to check the miles. We had to tow it back after the first 20 miles. 3000 miles worth of nitrous took its toll on the stock reeds!!!
The statement that if you spend 10k the cost of fuel should not be an issue is flat out ignorant. If that were true, why would anyone in there right mind ever buy a diesel truck. If you can afford 40-50k on a new truck you should not care about mileage right? BS. I own a diesel and bought it because it will tow like a big gas motor but will do it while getting good mileage. That's why I own it.
I don't care who you are, or how much money you have or make, no one wants to pay more for anything than they need to. That's why the rich get richer. They pay attention to the little things. Sorry Dirk, I guess this is just another thing that you and I disagree on.

I was riding in Mt. Villan with a 600 SDI and on the big trails where we were running steady high speeds, believe it or not, I was using less gas every time we filled up. When we switched to tight twisty trails the SDI was using less.

Ive got the 07 Attak GT, my buddies got an 05 Cat Turbo Touring. At the pump I use a half gallon more. Weight for weight and I'm 30HP more. So all in all not that bad I think.

snowsdog said:
What bugs me is my 140hp RX1 got 18 to 20 and my FI 150hp Apex gets 13. Wow i had the 03 rx1 and i never got any better with that one than i now do with my apex,but i ride very hard,and no matter what i ride i will never get great milage.

Whats up with that?

I have an 06 GT and get about 10 MPG.I have not been able to get a 100 mile on a tank yet but don't care.I spent 11,000 dolors on a sled to ride 1 to 2 months out of the year who cars how much fuel we burn.I spend 100 dolors in my truck to go riding for a week end.
I just bought a cabin and land to go snowmobiling for 1 to 2 months a year.
I just payed 1700.00 dollor on land taxes to ride.
I don't care about how much gas cost as long as i can ride.

Back