• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt results "2006"

I was back and forth between 10 and 14. Gotta up the compressor if I want to run 14, that generated way too much heat.

sled is apart. cylinders and pistons look immaculate. nothing visible on the head/valves. one suspect spot on the headgasket but can't say for sure. hopefully getting the head looked at tomorrow.

so far so good, I'll post more info as I get it....

monker said:
sled is apart. cylinders and pistons look immaculate. nothing visible on the head/valves. one suspect spot on the headgasket but can't say for sure. hopefully getting the head looked at tomorrow.

so far so good, I'll post more info as I get it....

That's great. I'm glad it's looking good so far.

Did you ever think about running lets say 12 pounds of boost with a 60hp shot of NOS. THe NOS would act like a Natrual intercooler and would put you in the high 280's for HP. You could sart spraying like 100 to 150 feet off the line maybe even the 300 foot mark.

dirkdiggler said:
Did you ever think about running lets say 12 pounds of boost with a 60hp shot of NOS. THe NOS would act like a Natrual intercooler and would put you in the high 280's for HP. You could sart spraying like 100 to 150 feet off the line maybe even the 300 foot mark.

Yes, but more towards 14lbs witha 45hp shot. Just trying to get the clutching close before I spray. I'll be going over the blower flow charts again, and will probably start out at 10lbs and 45hp shot when it's all back together.

What happened to buster, last I heard was a 8.7 three weeks ago. The big race is in a week and half. Keep us posted.

Well, I'm late to the party but finally got the sled ready to go. Thanks to those who've helped ;)! Going to the track next wednesday for test n' tune night as long as the weather is good. Took it out on the street and as soon as the boost came on it just roasted the track, hopefully the traction is alot better at the dragstrip or I will have a lot of work to do.

Here's a quick video clip, I think the cameraman had a little too much to drink... :drink:

http://media.putfile.com/RX1-asphalt

Attachments

• AsphaltSled 001.jpg
    AsphaltSled 001.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 86
1st, get a new cameraman or cut him off!!!! lol
Traction will be much better at the track as they should be putting glue down. I didn't notice any quick couplers for cool down, did you set something up? What kind of boost are you running?
Let us know what you do first time out.

Guys, Work has been crazy the past couple week, also my transmission went bad on my Tahoe so i had no tow truck (man is that frustrating…) :o| :o| :o| :o|
I will be heading out tomorrow/Friday night and test. I have some new skid settings that should help out the 60ft times. Should have a couple more times to get to the track after that by the time race at ESTA rolls around. Hope to see you guys at the race if all goes well.

Thanks,
--Buster696--

How much boost? and :nos ? So was it the head gasket? Were you running stock one, two or three?
Let us know how you make out.

I myself have the Attak ripped apart, and changing a chitload of stuff! Gearing it down, and trying some fuel adjustments.

hlmrx1 said:
How much boost? and :nos ? So was it the head gasket? Were you running stock one, two or three?
Let us know how you make out.

99% sure it's the headgasket. It will be going back together with 1 stock gasket, and heavy duty studs.

The next attempt will be 10lbs and about 45hp nos.

Stock gasket??? Isn't an SC like a turbo where you want to bring the compression down?

hlmrx1 said:
Stock gasket??? Isn't an SC like a turbo where you want to bring the compression down?

yes, boost is boost, doesn't matter what it comes from. If I was trail riding I would consider 2 gaskets for pump gas. I will just be racing with it and will be running higher octane to control detonation. I am limited with the current blower that I have, so big boost it out of the question for the immediate future.

I had the Attak on the driveway testing tonight. After playing with the fuel injection, it went from a bog, to just outright nasty without a bog. It is so cool!!!!! I found out I was lean instead of fat! It just pulls the skis and takes off now. I have 1 person to thank for telling me the secret of adjusting the fuel injection, ....and you know who you are!

switched my 25 top gear to 24, and will try tomorrow.

Have my new temp gauge hooked up now, and the fan comes on at 197 degrees, and the final idle drops down at 160.

Back