• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Asphalt Results "2007"

Had a pretty good time out at NYIRP Friday night. Made a little more progress with clutching and finally met one of my goals. Added some weight and now RPM's a running a steady 11,000. Most runs were 10.17 to 10.27 with 60' times 1.55 - 1.60. I finally got a run over 130mph. 130.05...wooo hooo. Track is still too slippery for me to get lower ET's.

I did get smoked by this tiny little cutie on a 900 Artic Cat. She's running 9.6's normally aspirated.

I won mechanic of the night by "fixing" Corey's sled....LOL. He had it all torn apart trying to figure out why it wouldn't start. Carbs off, plugs pulled shaking his head. Then I pulled out my vast experience and knowlege about Yamaha 4 strokes and said "ummm....Got any gas in the tank?" Sure as hell...tank bone dry :o| :o| :o|

Corey later repaid me the favor. I asked him to run my sled once. He came back and..."your sled is really rich down at the low end" I adjusted my fuel setting, took one more run, and picked up almost a full 1/10th in the 330 feet and 1/8th. I don't know what the total result will be because I ran out of nitrous at about the 1/8th mile mark. It did feel much "crisper" though. Hopefully, this adjustment will pan out. Looks promising though. Unfortunately, it was only one run. Coulda been a fluke. Time will tell.

Now I have to go back to the drawing board on my suspension strapping. I was using steel cable to hold it down. It stretched or something...so, I'm installing chains this week to hold it down.

P.S. Met (flmcut1)Mike's wife....very pretty ;)!

stoutner said:
Had a pretty good time out at NYIRP Friday night. Made a little more progress with clutching and finally met one of my goals. Added some weight and now RPM's a running a steady 11,000. Most runs were 10.17 to 10.27 with 60' times 1.55 - 1.60. I finally got a run over 130mph. 130.05...wooo hooo. Track is still too slippery for me to get lower ET's.

I did get smoked by this tiny little cutie on a 900 Artic Cat. She's running 9.6's normally aspirated.

I won mechanic of the night by "fixing" Corey's sled....LOL. He had it all torn apart trying to figure out why it wouldn't start. Carbs off, plugs pulled shaking his head. Then I pulled out my vast experience and knowlege about Yamaha 4 strokes and said "ummm....Got any gas in the tank?" Sure as hell...tank bone dry :o| :o| :o|

Corey later repaid me the favor. I asked him to run my sled once. He came back and..."your sled is really rich down at the low end" I adjusted my fuel setting, took one more run, and picked up almost a full 1/10th in the 330 feet and 1/8th. I don't know what the total result will be because I ran out of nitrous at about the 1/8th mile mark. It did feel much "crisper" though. Hopefully, this adjustment will pan out. Looks promising though. Unfortunately, it was only one run. Coulda been a fluke. Time will tell.

Now I have to go back to the drawing board on my suspension strapping. I was using steel cable to hold it down. It stretched or something...so, I'm installing chains this week to hold it down.

Ya It's not a 900. Those 900's make 150hp. There is not way you can run in then 9's making 150 hp.

stoutner said:

You need to get those 60 foot times down. That would make a huge difference in your ET

dirkdiggler said:
stoutner said:

Ya It's not a 900. Those 900's make 150hp. There is not way you can run in then 9's making 150 hp.

Well I hate to break it to you but it is a 900 stroker motor in a firecat chassis. I know because it used to be mine and has run a best of 9.26 at 136 mph and it makes well over 200 hp but they are new to the game and are slowly getting faster.
Now on to more important things I finally got the track and suspension in my apex but I need to get all the performance goodies on then it's off to the track. :nos :-o Hopefully I can get out once or twice before the esta race so I don't embaress myself to much. I'm really excited about this new venture I hope I don't get dissapointed.

Hey Stone,

Yea, I was talking to them about that sled. It is pretty sweet. I guess they just finished doing some fuel tuning and had it up at Dynotech to get tested. They were making over 200 HP. 200HP vs my 240 hp is no match (she will smoke me every time)... She and her sled together weigh about 250 lbs less than me and my sled. She is a good driver also. Reaction times are really solid.

They are both pretty cool. I hope they do even better.

stoutner said:

Thanks for sharing that Wayne. Dare I say this isn't the first time I've done that? :drink:

stoutner said:

You may want to try to disconnect the fuel controller and just make a run or two keeping it stock. You may notice quite a difference in the response.

stoutner said:

Chain will work better. If I had to guess, I'd say with the cables, the crimp connectors just aren't strong enough to hold it from slipping.

As for my results, I was trying a bunch of different things with the rear end and then clutching. Learned alot and have more things to try next week. Runs varried from 10.60s to 90s around 118-119mph. The next couple weeks I'll probably be going to ESTA to get setup for the shootout in July.

Here are some pictures of the sled.

Attachments

• Picture389.jpg
    Picture389.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Picture388.jpg
    Picture388.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 64
  • Picture387.jpg
    Picture387.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Picture386.jpg
    Picture386.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 76
Looks good stone. There will probably be a bunch of us going out to NYIRP on Friday night before the shootout. I'll be out at ESTA Sunday. Then I'm hoping to make it to NYIRP again next Friday with a pile of helixes to try for a modified secondary. Just don't get enough runs on a normal Sunday at ESTA to make good progress. Espically when it's a shot in the dark to start out.

Live from Gimli MB

Trying out the new air card on my laptop...

We're sitting in Don's trailer waiting for the rain to pass. 4 passes under his belt, 10.01-10.15 (low boost). Any guesses for his dial-in!?

The Wahl skid seems to be working well, still needs some tweaking though. Hoping the rain will blow over and still get some runs in today.

Great weather at ESTA today. 70* or so with a little wind and partly couldy. Had a good time for the few runs that I got in. Out to Rochester Friday night again with lots of secondary stuff to try. Some cat parts? #$%&*

TT 1
RT: .56
60': 1.46
1/8: 6.66 @ 99.98
1/4: 10.78 @ 116.58

TT 2
RT: .53
60': 1.42
1/8: 6.61 @ 99.75
1/4: 10.7120 @ 116.91

Elems 1, dial 10.74
RT: .52
60': 1.44
1/8: 6.62 @ 99.98
1/4: 10.7122 @ 116.86

Double break out, I won by .016. Now my last 2 runs are within .0002.

Elims 2, dial 10.71 (of course)
RT: .53
60': 1.42
1/8: 6.56 @ 100.91
1/4: 10.66 @ 111.36

Broke out bad on the brakes and gave the win away. Probably would have easily been a 10.5 run. :o| I really didn't make any changes all day. Just a little more twist on the secondary after the first run.

Well the weather cleared up and I know Don would have got his runs in, but I had to get back to the city. I'm heading out tomorrow again. Racing starts at 10:00 cst. We'll do pass-by-pass updates - might be entertaining!?

I want to wrench on Don's sled tomorrow, but I think he just wants to race!

We'll be set up for tar the next time out.

Hey guys, sorry I have missed posting as I have been trying new things at the track.

Friday 6/1/2007, MrSled came to the track to watch a few runs, but got rained out. The SRX was running better, and tried some clutching and got it to the 9.70's.

Saturday 6/16/2007, the srx ran fairly well, as the cooler weather had it running 9.79 at 129mph. Went 3 rounds.

Saturday 6/30/2007, temp 86, humidity 50%, sunny. Headwind was 5-10mph

1st time run - lane 2, reaction .107
1.424 60ft - 6.087 1/8 @ 112.181mph - 9.715 1/4 @ 131.019mph

2nd time run - lane 1, reaction -.024
1.429 60ft - 6.056 1/8 @ 112.839mph - 9.696 1/4 @ 128.404mph
The reason for the slow mph was #1 cylinder seized 3/4 way down the track, so the SRX is down for awhile. Would have been a nice 9.50 pass.

3rd time run - lane 1, reaction .243 (Apex/Attak)
1.461 60ft - 6.812 1/8 @ 95.702mph - 11.024 1/4 @ 113.481mph
Good thing for a back up sled.....

Round 1, Lane 1, Dial-in 11.00, reaction .145
1.451 60ft - 6.810 1/8 @ 95.627mph - 11.022 1/4 @ 113.328mph
Won round 1

Round 2, Lane 1, Dial-in 11.01, reaction .044
1.447 60ft - 6.801 1/8 @ 95.604mph - 11.033 1/4 @ 112.804mph
Won round 2 on the brakes

Round 3, Lane 1, Dial-in 11.04, reaction .057
1.433 60ft - 6.798 1/8 @ 95.389mph - 11.038 1/4 @ 111.611mph
Lost round 3 to a breakout of .002, and was on the brakes hard.

Srx is down for the count again, and hope to have it fixed by the end of season. Money is tight, and can run the other sled for points.

Back