• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Belt problem critique please

Soupy

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX-LE
No expert here, looking for advice & help. Caught this belt before I blew it. The fraying is on the outside of the sled. This was my 3rd belt in the same amount of days. Been like that since new, blew my first belt at 3-400 miles. Tried all different offsets/shims. Thanks in advance.
6dc45075a822fa92436e4a7057c116cc.jpg

Actually I found that my OSP secondary adjuster had backed out slightly and allowed the 8DN to ride up in the secondary so I assume thats what caused this.

Actually I found that my OSP secondary adjuster had backed out slightly and allowed the 8DN to ride up in the secondary so I assume thats what caused this.
Have you tried the stock 8jp belt yet?

Ultimax xs. I blew belts all last year. Knock on wood this belt is workin awesome.

I also put a dalton helix and secondary spring.

XS825? Do your clutches run hot? Hot before? Still hot?

Make sure that belt is not sitting to high above the secondary it should be almost flush. If it rides high it may peel off the top of the belt and blow.

Hmmmm now that could be a viable resolution. So if too high in secondary, even at idle the primary could damage the belt is what you're saying?

6? That's one belt per each Brady Bunch kid!
You may need to re-start your whole belt post so every body can remember what you have & have not done...

Hmmmm now that could be a viable resolution. So if too high in secondary, even at idle the primary could damage the belt is what you're saying?

Yes and when the power is on with a stiff secondary srping it can peel the top off. I talked to Shagman and when he was racing on the asphalt it would start to fray.

You clearly see that it was probably to high, look inside of your belt. ITwas rubbing on the primary shaft at hidle for sure.

I run my belt just a hair under flush with the sheaves. Dealer told me that during sidewinder school they were told its normal to have the belt slightly sunk in the sheaves. Reason this came up was cause I questioned why my belt wasn't riding out a 1/16th or so.

I agree too high in secondary but I've been adjusting more to creep or squeal instead of actual height in secondary. I'll make that change for sure.

I run my belt just a hair under flush with the sheaves. Dealer told me that during sidewinder school they were told its normal to have the belt slightly sunk in the sheaves. Reason this came up was cause I questioned why my belt wasn't riding out a 1/16th or so.

Could definitely have something to do with my problem!

XS825? Do your clutches run hot? Hot before? Still hot?
Last weekend we put around 600 miles on, no belt dust .last year I had a tin of dust.

Clutches run really cool . Biggest difference was the way the machine shifts now. It's so smooth.

Back