• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lonn got this out to me fast.....Nice looking spring!

Helix and glide washers are coming Monday.

TPI Orange sec spring.jpg
TPI Orange sec spring 2.JPG

Got one at Hay Days along with the Big Venom clutch kit!! Forgot all about helix but ones is ordered!! Thanks again Shagman and NOS-PRO!!

Last edited:
I have the big venom coming along with the orange secondary and 33/35 helix. I hope this will be a great set up because I ordered all of it on the recommendations from members here. I've had great results with clutch kits on many of my Cats but I also had some disappointments along the way. I really stopped messing around with clutch kits when I bought a kit for my 800 Doo from a well respected tuner only to have it perform worse than stock.

My Glide washers and Helix arrived today....I see Dalton makes them for Lonn, a typical gorgeous piece of artwork as usual!

As for labeling, surely could have just stamped 33/35 on the side like Dalton does, this is not a "kit" where angles need to be kept secret. But instead they have a number TSK-791 on the receipt, and YSR TP2 on the BOX, then on the side of helix it says "TP2", then on the face of helix it says 0270. Nowhere in the packaging or on helix does it say 33/35. Now when you own a box of clutch parts, these type of things tend to drive me nuts.

Hope you guys who all ordered the 33/35 get these same numbers as I did, so at least I will feel better that I got the correct angle.

Some pics.....

Dan

IMG_9469.JPG
IMG_9468.JPG
IMG_9467.JPG
IMG_9466.JPG
IMG_9465.JPG
IMG_9464.JPG
IMG_9463.JPG
IMG_9462.JPG
IMG_9461.JPG

Just had a chat with Dale.....He gave me the info on the new Dalton Secondary Spring. See pics below.

So we got another spring to test with, always love to test/tune!

Dan

dalton sec spring.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chart:
Dalton Secondary spring.jpg

Last edited:
My Glide washers and Helix arrived today....I see Dalton makes them for Lonn, a typical gorgeous piece of artwork as usual!

As for labeling, surely could have just stamped 33/35 on the side like Dalton does, this is not a "kit" where angles need to be kept secret. But instead they have a number TSK-791 on the receipt, and YSR TP2 on the BOX, then on the side of helix it says "TP2", then on the face of helix it says 0270. Nowhere in the packaging or on helix does it say 33/35. Now when you own a box of clutch parts, these type of things tend to drive me nuts.

Hope you guys who all ordered the 33/35 get these same numbers as I did, so at least I will feel better that I got the correct angle.

Dan....I got my Thunder Products 33/35 helix late last winter and also noticed the Dalton marking on the helix. My helix has the same "TP2" and 0270 markings as yours. I just checked the box that it came in and it is also marked YSR TP2 as yours.

I'm pretty sure that we got what we ordered, especially after I spent some time talking to Lonn at HayDays yesterday. That guy is very detail oriented and I don't think lets anything slip through the cracks as far as quality control. ;)!

Dan....I got my Thunder Products 33/35 helix late last winter and also noticed the Dalton marking on the helix. My helix has the same "TP2" and 0270 markings as yours. I just checked the box that it came in and it is also marked YSR TP2 as yours.

I'm pretty sure that we got what we ordered, especially after I spent some time talking to Lonn at HayDays yesterday. That guy is very detail oriented and I don't think lets anything slip through the cracks as far as quality control. ;)!
Thanks Bud! Great to confirm. Im used to buying helix from Dalton with the angles stamped on them.

BTW I got a hold of the wrap guy, thanks for that info. He is gonna make me a couple pieces to cover knee area so Its easy to keep clean on my white '18 panels.

thanks
Dan

Just had a chat with Dale.....He gave me the info on the new Dalton Secondary Spring. See pics below.

So we got another spring to test with, always love to test/tune!

Dan.....Since it looks like Lonn is using Dalton make his helix's I wonder if they are also his spring source? Kinda' makes me wonder.

Have you had a chance to take any measurements on the dimensions of your TP orange secondary spring yet? I wonder how it compares to the new Dalton Black and Orange secondary spring specs that you posted?

It would be interesting to know if both companies have their own proprietary springs for the SW or if they are selling the same spring for those of us who like to test everything available.

Thanks Bud! Great to confirm. Im used to buying helix from Dalton with the angles stamped on them.

BTW I got a hold of the wrap guy, thanks for that info. He is gonna make me a couple pieces to cover knee area so Its easy to keep clean on my white '18 panels.

thanks
Dan

It's good to stay both clean and mean!

Dan.....Since it looks like Lonn is using Dalton make his helix's I wonder if they are also his spring source? Kinda' makes me wonder.

Have you had a chance to take any measurements on the dimensions of your TP orange secondary spring yet? I wonder how it compares to the new Dalton Black and Orange secondary spring specs that you posted?

It would be interesting to know if both companies have their own proprietary springs for the SW or if they are selling the same spring for those of us who like to test everything available.
Ha, first thing I did was take some measurements...and NO they are not the same spring. And Dale told me so to confirm. There are many spring makers out there apparently, while not so many who can make such artwork like a Dalton helix. Dalton actually makes most the helix's out there for the clutch gurus.

I notice the orange is about 10mm shorter then Dales new spring....I like that springs are cheap items, and it will be fun to test them back to back. Helix are not so cheap and I should know as I tend to like to test and it adds up..lol

Dan

135mph 21/41 gearing. ?
Do you have a BRP cluster on your sled?:eek:

I am running 41-37 on my sled. Best top speed 191km/h gps, speedo 199km/h. (Out off gear). Ecu stock, stock track 96studs

Yes, 21/41 and I am machined primary and secondary. 135mph and the belt went over the primary and was cut by the primary

Back