• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Black Hills SD

Roll Out

Looking good around , Days Inn Lead ,Trailshead Lodge, Black Fox , Mystic Hills , Spearfish Canyon Lodge a little thin leaving the lodge and on the Lead - Deadwood town trails , definitely ride able . snow is hard pack and sugary with some fluff on top for lube.

To many landmines off trail for me , some areas have 4ft of POW travel at your own risk , lots of hurt feelings and bent A Arms , Bulkheads at local shops.

Would I drive out to ride , yes and I would put in at Days Inn Lead.

I will give it a 7 due to the so so conditions on the town trails , we have snow in the cylinders for the rest of the week.

Brian..

Re: Roll Out

RoyalBlue said:
Looking good around , Days Inn Lead ,Trailshead Lodge, Black Fox , Mystic Hills , Spearfish Canyon Lodge a little thin leaving the lodge and on the Lead - Deadwood town trails , definitely ride able . snow is hard pack and sugary with some fluff on top for lube.

To many landmines off trail for me , some areas have 4ft of POW travel at your own risk , lots of hurt feelings and bent A Arms , Bulkheads at local shops.

Would I drive out to ride , yes and I would put in at Days Inn Lead.

I will give it a 7 due to the so so conditions on the town trails , we have snow in the cylinders for the rest of the week.

Brian..

Town might see some improvement after tonight's big flakes. I have Guard Drill this upcoming weekend so no riding, but I will be out and about the following weekend. If anyone is coming out this way and doesn't mind me tagging along some weekend let me know. I always enjoy meeting new people and showing them around. I also agree with Royal about going off-trail. I'm still sticking pretty close to the trail until a big dumping comes.

Decent

10-4 on the Guard Duty , and Thank You ! for all you do , I did a ride today put in at Rec Springs , to beat up from Lead to Rec , I did meet the groomer on the Lead town trails heading home in the truck after the ride.

We rode down to Black Fox and the Mallo area the further you get away from Lead the better , the trails around Mallo Camp have never been touched id give it a 9 down there. I hear there is a Motel called The Mallo Motel , never seen it but Id be checking it out for sure and stay down there , we got way to many sled renters up by Rec,Lead,Mystic don't get me going on that I want this post to contain honest fun information.

Not sure about gas in Mallo but you can always gas up at The Buckhorn Bar , we had lunch at Canyon Springs Steakhouse always are fave had a burger and that homade chocolate cake that stays on the menu , that was so good thought my tounge was going to beat my brains out.

Broke out The Blue Missiles , perfect for them today and hurt some feelings on 15 yr old sleds .! Nypex should be done SOON..

Il give it a 7.5 , we did get snow on New Years but were still waiting on the Big One , very ride able and enjoyable as always here in The Black Hills.

Mallo Motel
307-746-3692 , call way ahead

Canyon Spring Steakhouse
307-746-2000 , choc cake , rib eyes , burgers ,awesome.

Buckhorn Bar
307-746-9487 , whatever you do close the front door , (you will see when you get there!)

It is ok to spin your track in the corners.
No trail permit required.
No helmet required.
liability insurance required.

B..

Attachments

• Blue Missles.jpg
    Blue Missles.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 226
PRIMO

Keeping it simple today trails are a 10 and off trail is a 7.5 , trails are like a brand new highway , - 25 today , Primo ride will be Tuesday for sure.

B... :Rockon:

Attachments

• puuurfect01.jpg
    puuurfect01.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 204
  • puuurfect02.jpg
    puuurfect02.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 206
Rode Lead to Black Fox and over to Buckhorn , trails are a 10 , were you at your missing out.

Groomers groom every night like clockwork , all are paid employees with benefits , we have no trail permits either , hmmm something smells fishy with those permits :die

I can't make it out until Feb20 but I'll be coming. Can't freaking wait. Haven't riden yet this year no snow in nw Iowa

Big Snow on the way Mon Tues , should be a Ski Doosie.

Rode Saturday Lead to Black Fox , trails were perfect in the AM showed some snirt on the way back , still to many Landmines off trail seen some boys by Deerfield Lake that hit a stump and tore ski,trailing arm off Ouch.

We had a short lived warm up Jacked Up the Lead city trails pretty good.

Best Bet ,, Stay out at Trailshead Lodge , until we get hit in Lead , Deadwood.

Still good stuff !!!

B

Keeping It Simple

Good Stuff , Now its all covered , Roll Out !

Cut your own path stay out of your buddy's tracks and you will be fine.

The Boys from the Williston Oil Patch brought down a couple Ti: Framed Diamond S Freak Shows , cant wait to see them in action.

Attachments

• deep.jpg
    deep.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 201
  • nypex-1.jpg
    nypex-1.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 207
ISOC Deadwood Shootout

ISOC Deadwood Shoot Out Jan 31 , Hope To See You All In Gods Country.

www.isocracing.com

Attachments

• deadwood shoot out.jpg
    deadwood shoot out.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 238
  • Deadwood00058_lr.jpg
    Deadwood00058_lr.jpg
    541.4 KB · Views: 211
  • EVENT_HEADER_DEAD.jpg
    EVENT_HEADER_DEAD.jpg
    238.4 KB · Views: 248
Rode from the lot near Rec. Springs to Trailshead to meet up with a group yesterday. If I need to get to Trailshead quickly I usually prefer heading south on 5A to Dumont then hit 7 to 2K. Well about a mile West of Dumont there was a large tree that fell over the trail from the wind and no way around since there was a fence on one side and all sorts of trees on the other. So I had to backtrack and end up taking 5. I ran into a groomer operator on the way in and told him about it and he said he would get someone right out. Anyhow all the trails in that area were excellent.

After I met up with my group I took them north to Latchstring on 4 which was outstanding. Then we headed to Cement Ridge which was also a great ride. We saw a lot of old sleds since a vintage ride was going on. It is always so funny to see the old fashioned sleds like John Deeres, Panthers, Enticers, Mercs, etc riding with new sleds. They look so small!!! We hit lunch at Trailshead and went south in the afternoon down to the big hill and conditions were great all the way. Most of the off trail riding was really tracked up by this point, but that is how the Hills always are when it is busy. Off trail was pretty good and I did not hit anything, however while navigating around I did see the tops of a few stumps and rocks that said "hello" to me but at least they did not say "hello" to my Nytro!

Coming back in things were rough enough to appreciate owning a rider forward sled since I spent more time standing then sitting! I did meet the groomer on the way though so I am sure things are nice and smooth again today. Temps warmed up some, but it wasn't warm enough to do much melting. Just a perfect riding day. Looks like a chance of snow again mid-week. Anyhow I am happy with how this winter is turning out!

Attachments

• 1525050_10151836654701555_1802016012_n.jpg
    1525050_10151836654701555_1802016012_n.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 199
Brian it was nice talking to you today. Hope I didn't use up too much of your time since you looked pretty busy with those rental sleds! Anyhow sounds like a chance of snow tonight and tomorrow. Let's hope we get a little to freshen things up. Keep in touch and hopefully we can go out for a ride one of these weekends.

Royalblue and Yamajammer my buddy and I will be coming out Feb 20 21 22 staying at spearfish canyon. If you either of you guys would wanna meet up and ride that would be sweet. You could show us some good off trail

Back