• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brand new srx does 200kph

I'm just glad to see breaking a sled in nice and easy is a thing of the past. Makes me want to buy a used sled. Lol

It's sad really...
We have here the top tier sled Yamaha put out for 2019 season, it's sexy as heck, fast as hell like they claimed, and I'm sure it'll rail corners just perfectly and has amazing shocks adjustable from the handle bar.
Jealous for me is an understatement...
I'm friken pissed I don't have one.

Bunch of jealous wannabees posting again. Uninformed also. Really getting old. At least I admit being jealous of the SRX sleds.

A new King of Speed is born, the Winder is no longer the fastest manufactured production sled. As was the plan, nothing new here!

I do not mind hearing about their box stock speed which is impressive!

It's sad really...
We have here the top tier sled Yamaha put out for 2019 season, it's sexy as heck, fast as hell like they claimed, and I'm sure it'll rail corners just perfectly and has amazing shocks adjustable from the handle bar.
Jealous for me is an understatement...
I'm friken pissed I don't have one.
Piston head you can try mine out next to we run into each other on the trail lol

Congrats on your new sled!!

Must say I'm jealous as heck! I waited since 2003 for Yamaha to bring back the SRX, I just wish they had of done it in 2017!!

The weight transfer comment wasn't meant to be like that. I did buy an srx. Can't wait to ride it. Ive never ridden a 137, but saw first hand how the 129's always hooked up better. The comment was aimed at if the new 137 works better than the previous ones.

Bunch of jealous wannabees posting again. Uninformed also. Really getting old. At least I adm
Bunch of jealous wannabees posting again. Uninformed also. Really getting old. At least I admit being jealous of the SRX sleds.

it

You do realize the center shock is a base shock on SRX, same as a SE shock in center. And the fronts/rear are Qs3 only, no rebound and not 5/8'' shafts only 1/2". So they wont hold up to mogul mashing nearly as well with a 580lb++ sled. Also the fact you can only set the front and rear to same setting, not individually. I like to set my front soft and rear firmer many times, cannot do that with new suspension.

1" track IMO will be purely a hardpack trail or lake track...everything else it will be spinning all the time. Heck the 1.25" unstudded is a handfull even on these winders.

I would install a 1.25 rip2 and a team primary for sure.

Dan
Mogul mashing? I ride mid week now if the trails are moguls I don’t ride em. Heck I don’t even need suspension. My middle name is “Smooooth” the older i get....lol

well i took the sled back out today.
i ran it for 3 miles back and forth on 2500ft pulls. the most rpm's i could get was 8500 and the speedo said 124mph.
this proves to all those people that were bashing the new srx's saying the weren't getting 120mph. that's 121mph in my book and it wasn't full rpm's. pick up 400rpm's and pick upa 1-2mph?
i see some guys have boosted sleds that are only getting 125mph. this thing only has 5 miles on it now. how fast will it be when the track, motor and belt are broke in?
Screenshot_20181207-143442_Digital Speedometer.jpg

i ran it for 3 miles back and forth on 2500ft pulls. the most rpm's i could get was 8500 and the speedo said 124mph.
this proves to all those people that were bashing the new srx's saying the weren't getting 120mph. that's 121mph in my book and it wasn't full rpm's. pick up 400rpm's and pick upa 1-2mph?
i see some guys have boosted sleds that are only getting 125mph. this thing only has 5 miles on it now. how fast will it be when the track, motor and belt are broke in?View attachment 143543
Is this your phone GPS,looks good,where are you able to make 2500 ft pulls,i hope you are not on any lake.

i see some guys have boosted sleds that are only getting 125mph. this thing only has 5 miles on it now. how fast will it be when the track, motor and belt are broke in?View attachment 143543
The 1 in track is giving you a few extra mph over the 1,25. Horsepower wise the SRX stock is identical to any other 998.

Wonder what the ET is in a 1000 ft, and mph ,gear them high and ride a mile you will get high speeds. With a tune you’ll get there quicker and run out of gear.

Back