• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Can't get driveshaft out

Has anyone used one of these shafts? If warranty doesn't pick up the tab I may go this route.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190915-120202_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190915-120202_Chrome.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 116

If warranty does not cover it you may be able to have it welded and trued. That would be a much better fit than a production one.

Has anyone used one of these shafts? If warranty doesn't pick up the tab I may go this route.
Yep I have 3000 miles on one , several runs over 330 hp and anti lag. Also know a lot of people using them. Much stronger and lighter than stock.

Yep I have 3000 miles on one , several runs over 330 hp and anti lag. Also know a lot of people using them. Much stronger and lighter than stock.
Are the tolerances better than stock? Have any worn similiar to the stock shaft?

They could be a bit tighter , I dimple mine and have had zero issues.

Had the same thing happen to my 2 Vipers, I had a machinist friend tig weld and machine the shaft .001" over the bearing I.D. for my machine and then froze the shaft outside and warmed up the bearing/caliper to install together. On my wife's machine the snap ring groove was almost worn right off so I had him repair the shaft size to size with the bearing and he welded a plug inside the shaft which was threaded and then fabricated a cap to slightly preload the rotor and bearing against the snap ring behind the bearing to prevent any movement. Best part of all was I didn't need to remove the sprockets and he was very reasonable with his pricing.

Those are all good fixes. After checking out the BOP threaded wedge...... yea when you need to get it back off just loosen it up.
Nice idea!

If warranty does not cover it you may be able to have it welded and trued. That would be a much better fit than a production one.
I believe member Byam tried one with disastrous results.
I believe the one Byam tried was aluminum?
I agree these shafts should be welded,machined to PROPER SIZE and trued. We need a source for that work. Guy could make a good living doing them I bet!

I believe the one Byam tried was aluminum?
I agree these shafts should be welded,machined to PROPER SIZE and trued. We need a source for that work. Guy could make a good living doing them I bet!

The real reason that it’s not a tight press fit is the inability to remove the drive shaft with a tight press fit.
With the BOP inside wedge or loctight at least you can get the shaft to release itself, either buy loosening the screw or application of heat.

Back