• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Does Fox shock come w/ Air Pump?

Mile9c1

Extreme
I'm considering ordering the updated Singleshot shock for my 2016 Apex. It's item code 8LB-47480-00-00. Does anyone know if this comes with an air pump?

Others can confirm but I don't believe so when ordering just the shock. A Fox shock pump was always included with the sleds I purchased new that came with Fox shocks but I doubt a pump would be included with the shock; especially since Fox sells the pump individually. I actually might have a new one still in the bag. I bought a new one thinking my stock one was not the model that had the option to extend the pump compression stroke. Here come to find out, I was just not unlocking the handle correctly to extend the stroke.

My sled is stock, I bought it this Fall from the original owner. He claimed he's never aired up the rear shock (didn't even have a pump for it).

That's odd. I know my 08 Nytro with Fox Floats on the front came with a pump; albeit not as nice as the one that came with my 18 Apex with the Fox Float 2 shock. Now, with the Nytro, the pump was in the tool bag but on the Apex, it came in a separate package along with a mounting plate (circled in red). I followed @MrSled method and mounted it here:

Pump.JPG

What's also unfortunate is that if the previous owner was in fact the original owner, he should have contacted his dealer at the time they offered the free upgrade promotion as Yamaha was offering the Fox Float 2 upgrade at no cost to the Apex owners. Vector owners (and there is a member here with 2 of them) was basically told to go pound sand.

New Fox Float on top and bottom one was stock:
shock.JPG

What's also unfortunate is that if the previous owner was in fact the original owner, he should have contacted his dealer at the time they offered the free upgrade promotion as Yamaha was offering the Fox Float 2 upgrade at no cost to the Apex owners. Vector owners (and there is a member here with 2 of them) was basically told to go pound sand.

New Fox Float on top and bottom one was stock:
View attachment 169182
When I bought my 2018 Vector they ordered the upgraded shock installed on the machine from the factory at no cost to me. Went thur 3 shocks in 5,000 miles. Rode nice with the new shock but they didn't hold up, all under warranty.

You can get a shock pump on Amazon for $30-40. I had to buy one as my original pump disintegrated from bouncing around in my sled storage.

pump came with my 16 xtx that i bought nos in nov of 19. did not get a pump when i bitched after the ty fun ride in 2020 to get the up graded shock. it did have a partial seal failure on the up graded shock that i found in my preseason but i had purchased another for a spare from agman that i got serviced by cannondale to put in. he serviced the failed one as well as when i touched where the seal rides my hand came away covered in oil but it was not dripping.

What went bad on them? Is that preventable?
My 18 XTX has close to 10,000 miles on the original upgraded shock, it came standard, and I have not had the issues TrueBlue had . With it not being a standard coil over shock, I could understand for one to fail but to go thru three must have been frustrating to say the least. I'm sure Steve @cannondale27 would agree since he's the one who services my shocks (and currently has them as we speak), but periodic maintenance, with any shock for that matter, would be a must for longevity.

I'm considering ordering the updated Singleshot shock for my 2016 Apex. It's item code 8LB-47480-00-00. Does anyone know if this comes with an air pump?
For the price of the Updated Singleshot(if even available)I would go Custom Axis from Hygear or 2nd place the Elka. Air shocks in rear suspension belong on Mountain sleds unless someone is willing to religiously maintain both the shock and suspension. Like every 1000mi go through at least the air side and really look at the skid. Can I ask what you were quoted on for the Updated Singleshot Fox?

I may have a used updated fox shock coming in.

I also have an elka on order for another customer. Support out of Elka is quite limited on the shock they offer and they don't list it for all models which does not make any sense as all single shot skids are dimensionally the same other than rail length.

Some of these Singleshot shocks have been coming to me with a dent bottom of eyelet which is from the grease zerk below it. Not sure why but it can destroy the shock by distorting the eyelet big air chamber is attached to. Suspect if the Relay rods are worn badly enough this is the cause.
6D3FE2B1-D109-4428-BEE8-1A567748D0D2.jpeg
DE2C8310-7870-4D13-ACD3-614C9DA5A2D9.jpeg

Back