• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst

Say I installed the fitch in my 04 sled and non in the wife's 05. Both sat with the summer fuel started a month ago. Mine with the fitch started right away almost killed the battery on the 05 getting it started in -15 celcius weather.

madforR1s said:
snowsweat said:
The metal is a mixture of zinc, aluminum, tin, and antimony. There is no mention of activation temperature's or pressure though.

Well, I think I understand one plausable scientific explaination for positive results experienced by users based on this info submitted by Snowsweat. Zinc has been used for decades in healthcare as an broad spectrum antimicrobial/antibacterial agent. Since there is zinc in those pellets, Fitch would slow or stop bacterial growth that could degrade fuel quality over time. This fact lends some credibility to the manufacturer's claim in this regard. It might be worth the price of admission for this benifit alone.

I bought a pair of Fitch at the Sled show last weekend to try out. I am maticulous in maintaining my toys, so my carbs are imaculate now. Lets see what tale they tell by the end of the season. My RX1 also has problems with carbon build up. A month of varied riding will also tell a story when I check the plugs/top of the pistions. Otherwise I will take advantage of the 90 day money back garuantee and post my results here.

Okay, so we need to feed our sleds vitamins? I think I'll throw a handfull of granola and a quart of orange juice in my tank and see how it does!

My results

I was just reading this post for the first time and wanted to post my results. Bought it the first time several years ago at the Novi show and put it an SRX 600. Noticed that the sled ran better and got better mileage. No scientific proof - just knowing the sled and our other sleds and we could all tell it worked. Bought a new sled that next year and immediately bought another set for - same result. I use no stabilizer and my sled starts on the 5th pull every time even after sitting all summer. I am sold that the product works. Just bought a used Rage (actually am picking it up tomorrow) and I have already ordered the Fitch. Those are my results for what they are worth.

madforR1s said:
snowsweat said:
The metal is a mixture of zinc, aluminum, tin, and antimony. There is no mention of activation temperature's or pressure though.

Well, I think I understand one plausable scientific explaination for positive results experienced by users based on this info submitted by Snowsweat. Zinc has been used for decades in healthcare as an broad spectrum antimicrobial/antibacterial agent. Since there is zinc in those pellets, Fitch would slow or stop bacterial growth that could degrade fuel quality over time. This fact lends some credibility to the manufacturer's claim in this regard. It might be worth the price of admission for this benifit alone.

I bought a pair of Fitch at the Sled show last weekend to try out. I am maticulous in maintaining my toys, so my carbs are imaculate now. Lets see what tale they tell by the end of the season. My RX1 also has problems with carbon build up. A month of varied riding will also tell a story when I check the plugs/top of the pistions. Otherwise I will take advantage of the 90 day money back garuantee and post my results here.

Well it's been a while and you said you'd check them out after using for 90 days..... whats the verdict ? How does the carbon build up look etc.

I have used it in my 03 rx-mountain . 2 seasons and ive never drained my carbs. started on the second crank both times after sitting 6 months. no fouled plugs. Our fuel is brought in once a year before freeze up and quality of fuel only gets with worse by the time breakup in may when i park my sled.

Yea i feel they work! For the frist time in my life i am going to not drain my fuel! We will see-------------------next year

I have a triumph spitfire that had not been started in 20 years and had 20 year old gas in it. Put a battery in and it started right up. Maybe gas was better back then?

How long has this product been around? Like others have said, if it works as advertised, I dont see why every car company, gas station, oil refinery, and fuel tank on earth is not using them. You would think a big company would have bought the patent by now, or made their own version. Car manufacturers these days are trying hard to increase mpg by fractional amounts.

alaskanbowtie,
We have had a warm winter down here, so I only have about 1700 klms (just over 1000 miles) on the sled so far. My impressions so far: The gas in the tank that sat from November to January smelled fresh after sitting for that period of time. Now that we have snow and cold temps, I have been playing with the jetting and I was running a bit lean out on the lake, thus the tops of the pistons were clean as a whistle. I believe I have the jetting dialed in now, but have to put a few more Klms on to be fair. The sled doesn't seem to run better, harder, faster with the Flitch devices..and I see carbon building up again on the piston tops so I don't think it makes it run cleaner either. Let's give it a fair chance though till the end of the season (with my luck that will be next week). For what it is worth, I can state that Flitch has not hurt the performance of my sled :D

fitch

well I've "watched curiously" this product for years....never understanding it...and always wanting to...
all i can say is "placebo affect"

I remember me and my friend bought 97 sx 700's....from minute one we wrode together...after about 500 mile I get the brilliant idea to put on a bender silencer.....and man it sounded awesome...
whereas we were always even or i was even a little faster before adding this silencer...the sound it made....the "feel" of the pants ....i knew I'd wax him for sure.....needless to say...i was 2-3 length BEHIND him....the term MENTAL horsepower for sure...cause It was actually worse..
about the only thing out of this entire post that makes sense about them...the zinc theory...zinc fighting bacteria and algae ...which I'm sure we've all seen green gunk in the carb bowls after a seasonal layover unprotected....
sounds like zinc is the key to whatever it minimally does to me

The difference in gasoline or diesel, Well they are both petroleum products, gasoline is a by product of making kerosine, so it makes sense that a product could possibly work in both fuels. I have one of those TORNADO things in my truck and I picked up around 60 miles to a tank full, I really could care less if anybody believes me or not I can physically see the difference, Thats all that matters to me.

I tried this in my Motorcycle about 5 years ago, a 1998 Suzuki 1500 Intruder LC. After about a 1000 miles of testing I noticed absolutely no change in the gas mileage :o| I pulled it out and sent it back!

Well this is a long thread, I don't know if they work or not. They are hanging in there well to still be on the market, and now offered in a new inline form. Those who believe, truly believe, I'll try anything once.

Back