• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fitch Fuel Catalyst

Ok..I have an actual question about this stuff. I'm looking for ways to make my SXR live up north. I've had one instance where I got "bad" gas and it cost me a piston and cylinder and more importantly a day of riding. I've never had a problem since but I'm thinking that this may reduce the chances of bad fuel killing my engine again. Magic you may have the best opinion on how or if this stuff changed the way you jet.

I never heard of Fitch Fuel Catalyst until I read this post. Very very intersting. I had to go to Fitch Fuel Catalyst's web site. They claim "as much as 5-10%" increase in fuel economy. So if I have a car that makes 30mpg on average, at 5% increase I could pay for the F5T drop in unit in a little over 14,000 miles. That's at $55 for the unit delivered to my door and gas at $2.40 / gallon which it currently is in California :(
You folks who have tried this product, what percentage fuel economy improvement have you experienced? I know Yamaha stated 20-30 miles per tank but he didn't mention how many miles he used to get per tank.
Thanks for any info.

You will need more than the F5T for your car. It works by horsepower. You cant overtreat the fuel but you can undertreat it.

snow.
no patten on the package. pending. i do know that my benderized viper's milage went from 9-10mpg to 13-14 alittle less in powder of course. with #'s like that i didnt
need a patten to buy another for the 05 warrior.
snow i was wondering if it was ever tooo snowy for you to ride.
just kidding!
:Rockon:

Good one. (Don't badmouth my snow!) Anyway, I took super's advice and called the company (I was bored). They didn't know the number and said they would get back to me but I actually did find it in the USPTO. For anyone who still cares (even I'm getting bored now) the numbers are: 6306185, 6000381, 5738692. They are not all for this exact product and I don't think any of them cover the one's that you drop in the tank. I just found them an hour ago so I haven't had a chance to read them thoroughly. However, some questions were answered. The metal is a mixture of zinc, aluminum, tin, and antimony. There is no mention of activation temperature's or pressure though.
Yamaha: You sound like a smart guy. Could you please accurately record your mileage on your motorcycle for 5 tanks or so, remove the Ficht and set a baseline for the next 1000 km's? It would be a big help. Also, you could tell your wife that you are going out to do some research and then take off for a couple of days on the bike. Anyway, have fun and I hope I hear from you. Thanks.

Getting too cold to put that kind of miles on bud. I live in Alberta Canada. I am going to let it sit the winter with a full tank of gas and the fitch. It says you dont have to worry about gas going bad so I am not going to worry about it. It has in my mind done everything that is advertised so this will be the test for the fuel going bad. If it starts right up and purrs well then we will know. I ordered another and I am going to put it in my RX-1 with the old gas that has sat the summer. Start it up and see what we will see. If my pipes clean up then for sure it is working. I always got soot build up when cold starting in the morning.

it will!! cracked the viper carbs 3weeks ago and only gas and aluminum in them, sat all summer, changed jets, and fired right up!
insurance=priceless

I really like the idea of this thing! Sounds like the reaction between the metal used in this product reacts with the gas in a way that simplifies the bonds in the gas to allow a smoother, more controlled burn that is less effected by compression.

How much are they, and do any of the sites sponsors sell them?

You can get them from freddie here. click on the ECP banner and email freddie he is supertuner on this site.

Thanks Yamaha. Keep me posted.
YamaJunkie: I appreciate the info but I got to tell you, a Viper getting 9-10 mpg is a sick snake. All the ones I ride with get 12-15 when I ride with them. Did you get a tune-up as well (I'm thinking about valves or TPS)?
Anyway, I'm still wading through the patent. I don't think it applies to the drop in units, that's why there was no number on the package?
I will probably get one of these things to install in my Rage half way through the season. I don't want to hear anyone complaining about how I am predisposed against this thing. I could argue that everyone else here is predisposed in favour of it, and that is no different. I will publish a baseline and keep a log. Honest.
If any dealers are out there, what is the Money back guarantee all about? The fine print on the website mentions a large restocking charge and something about dealer discretion as to whether he replaces it or gives the money back.
I'm probably going to Novi. Where should I look?

A couple of questions if I may;

1. Drop in?? Does it rattle around in there?
2. How do you get it out besides pulling the tank and turning it upside down?

Based on what I have read here (also I have heard about this product from time to time for years) I'd like to buy from a board member, who do I pick??

Many thanks in advance.

Tork said:
A couple of questions if I may;

1. Drop in?? Does it rattle around in there?
2. How do you get it out besides pulling the tank and turning it upside down?

Based on what I have read here (also I have heard about this product from time to time for years) I'd like to buy from a board member, who do I pick??

Many thanks in advance.

I answer all the "does it rattle around inside the fuel tank queries like this..."Did you ever try to throw a rock underwater?" To get them out, you could either tie a string or wire to them, use one of those "grabby" things for reaching dropped parts and hardware in hard to reach places...they have the button you depress on the top and 3 or 4 little jaws extend out to grab, or you could simply remove the fuel tank and tip them out. Of course the best thing would be to sell them with the sled and ask for like $40.00 or $50.00 more for the sled! LOL

I have them in stock if you want to order them from me. Telephone and e-mail contacts are at my company website at www.easterncycleperf.com.

Freddie

Back