• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Getting rid of the roll over valve

Mike is the guy without a hat above the handlebars. Dennis Lawler the owner of EGT is the man in white. He sponsored Kenny Bernstein and I both. This was a picture of just my team, but we also took pictures in the winners circle with Kenny Bernstein and the Budweiser King Top-Fuel team in the winners circle as we both won at Brainerd this year, EGT sponsored us both. It was very special for me as it was the last year Kenny drove the Budweiser Top-Fuel car.
it's a very nice picture, allot of hard work went into getting into the winners circle, something to be very proud and greatful for. Nice smiles and again, great photo!! That's why TY members respect your opinion..you are a champion in the sport. Merry Christmas !!

This is my latest ROV delete creation as one sled I did last year had a hose kink at the loop. Don't use heater hose either as it is not compatible with oil, make sure to use 5/8" fuel or oil line.

1673188522893.png

Mike is the guy without a hat above the handlebars. Dennis Lawler the owner of EGT is the man in white. He sponsored Kenny Bernstein and I both. This was a picture of just my team, but we also took pictures in the winners circle with Kenny Bernstein and the Budweiser King Top-Fuel team in the winners circle as we both won at Brainerd this year, EGT sponsored us both. It was very special for me as it was the last year Kenny drove the Budweiser Top-Fuel car.
Back before the days of the internet(at least for me) I remember a newspaper called snoweek that covered racing events. I remember one time reading an article about asphalt drags and a guy by the name of Knapp had made a pass of 8.84 in the 1/4 mile during practice, but Knapp was quick to point out that the sled was underweight.
I managed to get my name in that that publication ONE time from Bieda's race of Niagara Falls as I made the A stock final on the new 2000 SRX, that I only had received 3 days prior in a crate. It read something like "Beuerman red lit with a .398 light" lol

Back before the days of the internet(at least for me) I remember a newspaper called snoweek that covered racing events. I remember one time reading an article about asphalt drags and a guy by the name of Knapp had made a pass of 8.84 in the 1/4 mile during practice, but Knapp was quick to point out that the sled was underweight.
I managed to get my name in that that publication ONE time from Bieda's race of Niagara Falls as I made the A stock final on the new 2000 SRX, that I only had received 3 days prior in a crate. It read something like "Beuerman red lit with a .398 light" lol

That was me. I had to keep things on the down low as we were running so fast, we were really at weight in testing. I actually ended up running a 8.77 at a 4700 DA and 97* day with that little V-Max 800. The 1000's couldn't break into the 9's that same race and I left them shaking their heads.

Nice job making it to the final of A stock. SnowWeek was THEE publication you wanted to be in and the go to before the internet. Good Times those days were.It was the best of the best racing each other back then.

I remember going to the 1993 World Series in Cedarville MI and over 46 sleds in AA improved and almost as many in Open Improved, both of which I won on my Cats along with Open Pro-Stock on my 1000 Improved Thundercat. My 700 I beat them by bus lengths literally. It was my no mercy tour, and it was because of Yamaha, they put a full two page add in SnowWeek that said Yamaha wins Mid-America. It was the first week of racing and I didn't have my 1000 ready to run yet, so I ran my 700 in Open Improved. Hauck's new Open Improved 880 Vmax beat my 700 improved ZR Cat twin the first Saturday of the season by half a ski length, I came back on Sunday and I beat his 880 V-Max with my 700 twin by half a sled length! The next week I brought out my 1000 Cat and it was all over for Hauck for winning anything, but I saw that add and it pissed me off and I said no more letting off the throttle eve again. (I alway let off about 3/4 track or so as not to make things look so bad for every one else). This was prior to timing lights.

I never wanted anyone to know how fast my stuff actually was, but the next week we raced on timing lights and they saw my 700 improver run mid 6 teens on the timers, the same time as the winning 650 Pro-Stockers at the time. The next closest AA improved sled ran 6.55. LOL! The next year in 94 I think there was only 23 AA Improvers at the series! I ran them off because they now knew what I was capable of running and gave up trying.

Last edited:
I started on a the 97 600SX in the fall of 96. I was still pretty green, just cutting my teeth. But like a cocaine junky, I was hooked and completely consumed and obsessed with racing for about the next 5 years. I didn't have any sponsorship, so it kept me poor. Only ran the 600 for one year then graduated to the new 700sx next year. Finally was able to defeat Mike Schmidt of team Vincent(that team was solid) on the 700sx as they had been undefeated on the 670mxz. The year after that it was a 98 srx, then on to the 2000srx.
Ran into some cheaters along the way also. When it came down to the finals during my time on the 2000 SRX it seemed like I always got the worst lane out of the four, while the sponsored competitor got the best lane. (The starting gates get chewed up during the day, some more than others)
About five years ago I have a guy come in and says to me 'you have to promise not to tell I told you this, but while having a few beers with that competitor, he confessed that it was rigged that you got the worst lane and he got the best".
I wasn't exactly surprised, and still managed to get the high points title anyway.
Good times those years were, no regrets.

For those of you worried about dumping your oil out from the hose after the delete, I put my sled on its side this weekend and it sat there for a couple minutes before I was able to pick myself up off the ground. I lost maybe a tablespoon of oil.

Glad your ok. What happenned? ;)
Grabbed to much front end lift from a small Rolling hill and the front came down to hard and put me into the death wobble. Let go a little to late, tore off a wind deflector and did a bit of damage to my ns1 gauge holder. Been recovering health wise the last 3 days. I can finally fart without it hurting too badly.

Grabbed to much front end lift from a small Rolling hill and the front came down to hard and put me into the death wobble. Let go a little to late, tore off a wind deflector and did a bit of damage to my ns1 gauge holder. Been recovering health wise the last 3 days. I can finally fart without it hurting too badly.
Get well soon! We have no snow here yet, which is good as I'm also laid up due to some broken ribs and a small puncture to lung. FFS

Get well soon! We have no snow here yet, which is good as I'm also laid up due to some broken ribs and a small puncture to lung. FFS
Good thing your ok! Was it a snowmobile mishaps? I had to google FFS cause I don't know the acronym. This is what I got. ;)

1673451045134.png

Last edited:
speedy recovery, punctured lung doesn't sound good but at this point, relax, heal and watch snowmobiling YouTube video's. Joe

speedy recovery, punctured lung doesn't sound good but at this point, relax, heal and watch snowmobiling YouTube video's. Joe
No punctured lung for me that I'm aware of, but I still feel like Mike Tyson beat me up with ketchup bottles lol.

Back