• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Have you guys heard this news about Arctic Cat?

Heck I'd take a nytro chassi with all aftermarket mods as original equiptment and a two stroke..

They are overthinking the situation

I really liked my Nitro XTX, except for the front end. I could not get it to act like I wanted even after spring, spindle changes and countless adjustments. It is the sled that got me hooked on the Yamaha 3 cylinder vs. the four. Traded it for a 2013 Apex----My least favorite of all the Yamaha sleds I have had......only had that 1 year before sending down the road for a 2014 Viper

Fixable and cheap is questionable. Being stranded and having a trip ruined over something that should have been addressed years ago by Arctic Cat will maybe change your tune.
Now that this platform has been out for several years and thanks to fellow TY members especially Travis at BOP, the many issues have been addressed with fixes.
Sleds are triple the price since the year 2000. Paying this much money for a Yamaha snowmobile, or any brand for that matter, I do not expect things of this nature to happen.
You can see it going down hill with everything, the 2015 viper service manual is literally 1/3 the size of the Nytro manual and chuck full of wrong information. Cdale had to send me the Nytro manual so I could properly assemble my motor.
I have no major issues with handling or ergos, it the quality aspects I have a beef with.

I know when Yamaha Brass read these “Happy” posts they feel justified in their decisions to cheapen the brand, that’s why I speak out. Sorry in advance if I hurt your feelings, I hope you don’t feel offended.
Ok Buddy Listen. No snowmobile will EVER be built as well as you,I and the Team here at TY could and does do. Ever. So just live with that FACT. Also the possibility of breakdowns or even injury or death is what make Snowmobiling a Adventure that clears your mind of all the other bull. You and I know that $ is not the object here. We find a way and if we cant we make do. So what I am trying to say is get that cheating Turbo back together and go enjoy those beautiful trails you have right in your backyard. Even a Million dollars cannot pay for the feeling I know you will experience.

Ok Buddy Listen. No snowmobile will EVER be built as well as you,I and the Team here at TY could and does do. Ever. So just live with that FACT. Also the possibility of breakdowns or even injury or death is what make Snowmobiling a Adventure that clears your mind of all the other bull. You and I know that $ is not the object here. We find a way and if we cant we make do. So what I am trying to say is get that cheating Turbo back together and go enjoy those beautiful trails you have right in your backyard. Even a Million dollars cannot pay for the feeling I know you will experience.

I know I know, this is absolutely 100% true. The current situation here is trails aren’t going to open until the 20th (we have had good snow for 3 weeks now). Combine that with my messed up arm and my engine assembly woes.........
Equals Frustration!!
4FD8B4AD-2930-4C5C-A793-B63B37DC44AB.jpeg

Yea this is gonna suck, I’m out for atleast 6 weeks bro.

I know I know, this is absolutely 100% true. The current situation here is trails aren’t going to open until the 20th (we have had good snow for 3 weeks now). Combine that with my messed up arm and my engine assembly woes.........
Equals Frustration!!
View attachment 151252

Oh dang! I didnt know that. Well good I will tear up your trails for you and give some reports right to your phone..... Get better soon man you can do it. We may have to trade sleds though so you dont re injure that shoulder from the G-Forces of that cheating Turbo! I will be praying for quick healing for ya.

Equals Frustration!!
View attachment 151252

Clutch how much ice up there have a place on tug lake. Might run up to fish a bit if trails are not open.

Oh dang! I didnt know that. Well good I will tear up your trails for you and give some reports right to your phone..... Get better soon man you can do it. We may have to trade sleds though so you dont re injure that shoulder from the G-Forces of that cheating Turbo! I will be praying for quick healing for ya.

Thanks Cdale I appreciate that!!

Clutch how much ice up there have a place on tug lake. Might run up to fish a bit if trails are not open.

Haven’t been on Tug, but most lakes have ok ice and lots of slush. Some deeper lakes are garbage. I know a sled went down on Alice the other day, flowages are suspect.

When??? But there will be a 2stroke Yamaha sled again.... Thinking not far off.

Maybe with an Arctic Cat motor. Did you see the latest video from Yamaha? Basically they are saying that 2-stroke motor doesn't transition well to other platforms, like their 4-strokes. I think what he was trying to say, it ain't happenen! :letsnow::letsnow:

Equals Frustration!!
View attachment 151252

Wow, that sucks, but it's not your throttle arm! Get some twine and tie your arm to the bars, and hang on! Take the pain meds first..

What's the sled look like?
Heal up.

Sleds fine, it was an injury from this summer. My tendon was holding on by a thread, Doc said it had to be done now or it could break free anytime. Best December snow in Rhinelander since 1909, just my luck.
:drink:
Bad things happen to bad people! I take back all the bad stuff I said, turning over a new leaf!
:yam:

Bad things happen to good people also.
This is a minor set back to the snowmobiling season.

Let's look this over:
1. you have your HEALTH
2. a HOT girlfriend that can whoop your AZZ on the trails
3. you can still wrench, which i'm feeling you enjoy more anyways
4. your looks (this is a highly debatable topic, but again he has a HOT girl)
5. you have the TY brethren, even though you "challenged" some; hey brothers argue sometimes
6. you have ME!

P.S: I'm willing to do double the miles to make up for SteveO miles put on this year. I'll willing to sacrifice my time just for YOU

You did it right then! If you every have a hard to find coolant leak the fittings for the turbo coolant cooling tubes leak at the turbos and at the block. When you do those you will also what to replace the turbo oil feed lines screens.
Yup I'm aware of that issue as well. I know this engine very well and all the problems people have dealt with. As complex as it is, its actually pretty easy to work on.

Saw this on Youtube ... I think Rob Kinkaid has posted other stuff on instagram and elsewhere too, but at least this gives you some sense of what the M version of this sled can do in light snow conditions (it doesn't look like deep snow to me). I have to say the motor doesn't sound the way I imagined it would, but it's about what you'd expect from a single piston motor with this displacement and a factory muffler. I kept listening to try to discern whether the motor is winding out, but I can't really tell from this video. At least we get to see it running in snow.

Back