• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bi-xenon kit installed in 2008 FX NytroRTX

Thanks SD. And you will have two options on the bulb color?

birkebeiner said:

Yes. 4300 will come with them, and 6000 can be added optional. I was going to offer 8000 bulbs but I tried them and it's terrible lighting. I didnt like the 6000 either myself. Too reflective, but I have not ridden enough with out the deflector taken off the 6000 bulb. Just have not had time. I will do some more comparison and see if I can shoot some night vid. I just bought a helmet cam...
I know some will want the 6000's but I think the 4300's will be the winner myself.

My goal was better lighting and not the "cool" factor. 8000's are blue and look cool, but the light is terrible. I would rather run stock halogen bulbs over the 8K's. To me it's about saftey and not how my sled looks at night when I pass someone...

SD

SNOWDOG said:
birkebeiner said:

Yes. 4300 will come with them, and 6000 can be added optional. I was going to offer 8000 bulbs but I tried them and it's terrible lighting. I didnt like the 6000 either myself. Too reflective, but I have not ridden enough with out the deflector taken off the 6000 bulb. Just have not had time. I will do some more comparison and see if I can shoot some night vid. I just bought a helmet cam...
I know some will want the 6000's but I think the 4300's will be the winner myself.

My goal was better lighting and not the "cool" factor. 8000's are blue and look cool, but the light is terrible. I would rather run stock halogen bulbs over the 8K's. To me it's about saftey and not how my sled looks at night when I pass someone...

SD
;)!

stopdropanroll said:
SNOWDOG said:
birkebeiner said:

SD
;)!

Dude...your Nytro looks sick!
You must have really thrashed on that thing to get it back together for that trip!!
Last time I saw it there were parts everywhere! :die
It looks nice. Did you post up any pics on the site anywhere I can see?
I like the white and orange.... ;)! ;)! ;)!

SNOWDOG said:
stopdropanroll said:
SNOWDOG said:
birkebeiner said:

SD
;)!

Dude...your Nytro looks sick!
You must have really thrashed on that thing to get it back together for that trip!!
Last time I saw it there were parts everywhere! :die
It looks nice. Did you post up any pics on the site anywhere I can see?
I like the white and orange.... ;)! ;)! ;)!

I need to get some good pics of it but here is one all finished with the graphics.....just page throught this thread. Thanks for the props! It just got home from having a Playmate brush her &%*^ all over it for a calander shoot, I wish I could have been there for the shoot:(

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=82935

I need to get some good pics of it but here is one all finished with the graphics.....just page throught this thread. Thanks for the props! It just got home from having a Playmate brush her &%*^ all over it for a calander shoot, I wish I could have been there for the shoot:(

Hang on a second here... you put all that time, money, and energy into building that sled and you dont get to go to the photo shoot!!!!!!! I am pretty sure that may be a crime in some states. :pics:

billey100 said:

Hang on a second here... you put all that time, money, and energy into building that sled and you dont get to go to the photo shoot!!!!!!! I am pretty sure that may be a crime in some states. :pics:

I'm sure I could have but I have a business to run so leaving was out of the question!

Those of you that run the BI-Xenon, I was wondering how well they worked when switching beams. I know on my 97' Lincoln that the HID take 10-15 seconds to warm up and achieve full brightness I was wondering if its the same when you switch beams on these, do that take a bit of time to achieve full brightness every time you switch beams? or since both capsules are so close together in the bulb they keep each other preheated so there is next to no delay. My Lincoln has separate bulbs so this isn't an issue.

blueironranger said:
Those of you that run the BI-Xenon, I was wondering how well they worked when switching beams. I know on my 97' Lincoln that the HID take 10-15 seconds to warm up and achieve full brightness I was wondering if its the same when you switch beams on these, do that take a bit of time to achieve full brightness every time you switch beams? or since both capsules are so close together in the bulb they keep each other preheated so there is next to no delay. My Lincoln has separate bulbs so this isn't an issue.

The kit we will be selling uses the same bulb for high and low and a magnet within the bulb itself changes the beams deflection. So basically the bulb slides in and out as you hit the high low switch so there is no "warm up" time needed. It's a pretty slick bulb and it really works well, and since it is a magnet that operates it, there are no parts to wear out. Some bulbs are mechanical and I would ONLY go with the magnet type.
I know stopdropandroll has seen the mechanicals and we talked about those, but I would only want to use the magnetic style kits. Most higher end kits use this style set up.

Your car most likely uses 2 separate bulbs for high and low and has 4 ballasts and 4 bulbs total. The sleds use 1 high/low bulb in each socket and so the HID is the same. One bulb for both high and low in each side of the sleds housing.
(2 high/low bulbs and 2 ballasts total)

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for HID on a 09 Nytro.....The one that came with the kit is pretty vag on install.

it should be a plug and play deal. If not, return that kit. it should just plug into one of your existing headlight sockets and the rest is all plugs from the ballast to the bulbs then a hot and ground....

Should have custom kits with wire harness without all the extra wire like the car kits. The WILL be High/Low beam kits and NOT single beam!

SD

Any news on this kit yet? When does it ship and at what price??

Back