• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HID Bi-xenon kit installed in 2008 FX NytroRTX

hey stopdrop what kit do you sell and are they still available? american made?
very interested.
gary~

stock bulbs are 55w so seems to me they would be fine. thats what i just got, but seem to be having ballast issues, so i gotta get that figured out.

I work on European cars and I have been seeing alot of fires and other issue from these cheap kits. The other thing is without a true projector lenses. The diffusion is not correct and the light is not as focused as it should be. Just my opinion but this has been an issue in the Automotive for a long time

SNOWDOG said:
Hey guys...Looking into a plug & play kit. Stay tuned...samples in my hand any day.

SD

What isn't plug and play about the kits now? Ive said this before but ill say it again. Maybe other kits are different and more involved, but the kit i have is a power and ground that go to your battery. Put your bulbs in. One of your factory h4 bulb connector plugs into the supplied harness. Ballast and everything else is plug and play too. no cutting wires. If you dont trust the HID's, carry your halogens and you can have factory halogen lights in and on the trail again within 10 minutes. Really, the only thing I see that can make it easier is if the kit came with a bolt in bracket for the ballasts for that specific model.

Yeah I know there is not a whole lot to the install on most of these. The bracket is a good idea. Referring more to making sure it's a decent kit. After talking to the electronics company I have been dealing with on the sledstart there is a good deal of difference from kit to kit. I just want to see how these samples do. They are 35W 6000 hi/low tested to -40. I'm going to run one this season. Did 4400 miles last season and plan on just as many this year so I want to beat the snot out of these and see how they hold up.
There are other color temps they can build but I think these are overall the best kit for a sled.

We'll see...

Hey all...

OK...So I got these kits I mentioned today. I am REALLY impressed with the looks and quality of these things. I had to work late so I have not had time to do anything with them other than drool in the box, but I am going to toss them in the sled this weekend. They have a slim ballast with a mounting bracket and all the hardware & zip ties included. I actually got the standard ballasts by mistake but the slims are about 2.75"x2.36"x.50" so there pretty small. I will have those next week. The wire harness is really nice and very well protected. Everything is water tight in them including all the connectors. They seriously look like top notch kits. These are a bi-xenon kit as well.
A lot of these cheapies are single beam or one beam is halogen and the other is xenon. You have to read up before you buy. Anyhow...I am going to check these out and if they perform as good as they look, I may order up a batch. Best news is the price should be pretty reasonable for what these are. I will post up some info as soon as I have it.

Let me know if any of you have interest in these kits and I can dig a little more into this. I have a feeling I am going to like this lighting on the trails!

Thanks,

SD

charger0926 said:
i love mine werent very cheap but well worth the money
i got mine from www.omnixautosports.com

Those of you that have them installed...did you have all the extra wire to deal with because of normally going from one headlight to the other on a car?
I think I can get these customized so we will not be dealing with 8' of extra wire.
Just wondering if you guys had all that extra wire to bundle up somewhere? I want to make a kit with a clean install and the smallest possible ballast! :Rockon:
Could probably get these done pretty quick. Was talking to my MFR this AM and they would definitely be less $$$ than the kit shown here....
Just have to find out what they would charge me to do a custom harness for the sleds.

SD

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 74
  • PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 72
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    71.8 KB · Views: 70
if i remember the only extra wire that i had of concern was the power lead and i bundled it up in front of the battery
other that that it was a pretty clean fit
and worked great

Yeah There is a wad of wire that is not needed at all. Would not mind looking into not having to hide that mess.

Back