• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Keep an eye on your chain tensioner idler bolt!

Important question. Has anyone who removed those bolts for roller while still tight from factory seen Loctite on them?
I will do mine this weekend but its important to know since anything other than just using a very light touch will disturb the Loctite. I will completely remove them clean well and use Devils Blood 272 Loctite with primer then I will scratch a line and paint mark.
No loctite on mine :(

Tarzan, i would take that whole sled apart, every bolt. Then reassemble with tourqe wrench and loctite. Everything except the engine and clutches anyway. Gotta love loose bolts on a rocket

When it's assembled can you see if the shaft has been wearing on the adjuster? I'm thinking if it hasn't worn you could remove one screw and replace with red loctite, wait ten minutes and this would allow you to break the other screw loose without worrying about the roller spinning.

When it's assembled can you see if the shaft has been wearing on the adjuster? I'm thinking if it hasn't worn you could remove one screw and replace with red loctite, wait ten minutes and this would allow you to break the other screw loose without worrying about the roller spinning.
I did the exact same thing,I just used blue I feel it will be good.

Yes as long as the shaft hasn’t spun and wore the adjuster that would work.

Remember my bolts were tight in the shaft yet the shaft still spun. That means on mine the issue is the Chamfer in shaft was not deep enough for tapered head to clear or the tensioner sides were not thick enough even new. As long as you can tighten this thing using 1 screw it should be good to go. But for how long? Welding would eliminate all chances of it spinning. Loctite will not eliminate that chance if the specs for Chamfer or Tensioner thickness is wrong.

Ok good news. 2017 the part is updated so maybe they machined them correctly.
Tensioner.jpg

Just a quick question, I removed my tensioner unit and my bolts were slightly loose. I removed both of them cleaned everything up. The bearing slid out of the center of the roller so I cleaned it all up, re-installed everything with red loctite. The shaft that goes through the center of the roller is slightly wider then the roller itself, so I would assume it’s normal the roller has about 1mm of Side to Side play. It just looks like it would rub if it slides over to much and doesn’t sit centered on that shaft.

Just a quick question, I removed my tensioner unit and my bolts were slightly loose. I removed both of them cleaned everything up. The bearing slid out of the center of the roller so I cleaned it all up, re-installed everything with red loctite. The shaft that goes through the center of the roller is slightly wider then the roller itself, so I would assume it’s normal the roller has about 1mm of Side to Side play. It just looks like it would rub if it slides over to much and doesn’t sit centered on that shaft.
Thats normal.

Remember my bolts were tight in the shaft yet the shaft still spun. That means on mine the issue is the Chamfer in shaft was not deep enough for tapered head to clear or the tensioner sides were not thick enough even new. As long as you can tighten this thing using 1 screw it should be good to go. But for how long? Welding would eliminate all chances of it spinning. Loctite will not eliminate that chance if the specs for Chamfer or Tensioner thickness is wrong.

I agree. I just thought it might be easier to get it apart as the side without loctite should break free without loosening the the bolt that you just put the loctite on. Have you ever seen those roller bearings fail?

Remember the Nytros and the bolt that held gear on? Would back out and hit cover. Bet many are running around like that and dont even know it. Not a good thing either way though.
Those bolts were breaking because the shaft was to short, at least that's what happened on mine.

Back