• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Keep an eye on your chain tensioner idler bolt!

I've hated these chaincases ever since the day I had to walk home on only my second ride out last year!
Bigtime weak point on an otherwise awesome sled.

Has anyone ever added any extra silicone around there sight glass to help with holding it in place? Mine seems like it is in there pretty good but was just reading about people having issues with them falling inside the chaincase.

Has anyone ever added any extra silicone around there sight glass to help with holding it in place? Mine seems like it is in there pretty good but was just reading about people having issues with them falling inside the chaincase.
The sight glass on my 18 fell into the case second ride last year! When I put the new one in, I added a little grey gasket maker.

The sight glass on my 18 fell into the case second ride last year! When I put the new one in, I added a little grey gasket maker.

Ya mine hasn't fallen out yet but I was thinking of adding some to prevent that. Did you add it to the outside or the inside of the chaincase?

Ya mine hasn't fallen out yet but I was thinking of adding some to prevent that. Did you add it to the outside or the inside of the chaincase?
Just a light film before I installed it, and a little more on the inside after I installed it, I didn't want any to be seen. I'd have to think that the sight glass wasn't pushed in all the way at the factory.

Update. I got the new one. Very tight and lots of Loctite. No way its going to come loose.
DSC01113.JPG

Update. I got the new one. Very tight and lots of Loctite. No way its going to come loose.View attachment 143301

Do you know when the updated part came out? I have an '18 and trying to decide if I should take the chaincase back apart to check this (already changed the oil) before this season or just wait until next winter and do it then. Already changed the engine oil too... so, really not looking for a "make work" project but will do it if it's been an issue on the 18's. Thanks

Do you know when the updated part came out? I have an '18 and trying to decide if I should take the chaincase back apart to check this (already changed the oil) before this season or just wait until next winter and do it then. Already changed the engine oil too... so, really not looking for a "make work" project but will do it if it's been an issue on the 18's. Thanks
I do not but the 01 is definitely new. Not sure of any way of knowing actual date of change. Will ask parts guy at dealer if I get a chance.

My 2017 Winder has green loc-tite on it. I redid it with red.

So what is the verdict on this? Is it random sleds that have no loc tite on the screws? Seems random as some are good and some loose?
Thanks

Mine also had green loctite on them, but were prettt easy to remove. I cleaned them up and re-installed with red.

Back