• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Kingers BOOSTED garage....

incredable sled!! the paint, body work, detail, blinding lights ;) , everything! outstanding sled! i was also thinking of doing the same to my running boards, glad to see it holds up!

Super Sled said:
And you need an enclosed trailer big time, bud!

LOL I know I just cant seem to pull the trigger on one, they are so expensive for a littl 6x12 like I want your talking 3000-$3500 and you get get a used a 4 place enclosed for like $4000 but I got no where to put it. I want the small one for my storage shed so I cant get a big one nor do I want to haul a big one around. I was just calling today on some actually.

So rebound adjustment uh? I didn't know they had rebound and it was 'clicked' all the way to one side no wonder I didn't like them and they bounced over every bump vs soaking them up.

I swore hte 08's had compression only adjustment???

Yup! That knob is for rebound. Looks exactly like my Ohlins on the Viper.

How's going buddy, anything new for 2012?

Hello Mr. Jan-Ove,

I have a few new items up for 2012 mostly maint uprades but am looking forward to getting that rev gas tank mounted in the seat to give me 15 gallon capacity (5 gall rev race tank and stocker 10 gal)

So here is plans so far:

Rebuilt front ohlins by Bjowett, revalved to add more soft end adjustment and powdercoated the springs white

Rebuilt ZX2 shocks by hygear hoping for perfect performance in stutter bumps and not lose what we all love about the ZX2 the ability to take a pounding! Supposedly Hygear has the hot recipe.

Excel headers to replace my Ti stockers, copper donuts, and debating on a aftermarket exhaust or gutted stocker. I want the exhaust sealed up good for a few years with out me having to mess with it.

Abbreviated maint items, not going crazy here just basic fluids and checking the bearings.

The rev fuel tank addition, hacking the seat bottom to form it around the rev tank and coming up with a way to finish it off so it looks nice. Cant wait to have 15 gallons, the first 5 I will have the most fun while the gauge shows full for almost 50 miles!

I'm going to get another year on my 121 cobra and then probably stretch it out next year to again change the dynamics of the sled.

Winter forecast is looking awesome for everywhere i ride this year I can wait!!

Please share your findings on the revalved G-Force shocks, I may go down the same road later on. I need a little more rebound dampening, else the ZX-2 have served me well.

kinger said:
Hello Mr. Jan-Ove,

I have a few new items up for 2012 mostly maint uprades but am looking forward to getting that rev gas tank mounted in the seat to give me 15 gallon capacity (5 gall rev race tank and stocker 10 gal)

So here is plans so far:

Rebuilt front ohlins by Bjowett, revalved to add more soft end adjustment and powdercoated the springs white

Rebuilt ZX2 shocks by hygear hoping for perfect performance in stutter bumps and not lose what we all love about the ZX2 the ability to take a pounding! Supposedly Hygear has the hot recipe.

Excel headers to replace my Ti stockers, copper donuts, and debating on a aftermarket exhaust or gutted stocker. I want the exhaust sealed up good for a few years with out me having to mess with it.

Abbreviated maint items, not going crazy here just basic fluids and checking the bearings.

The rev fuel tank addition, hacking the seat bottom to form it around the rev tank and coming up with a way to finish it off so it looks nice. Cant wait to have 15 gallons, the first 5 I will have the most fun while the gauge shows full for almost 50 miles!

I'm going to get another year on my 121 cobra and then probably stretch it out next year to again change the dynamics of the sled.

Winter forecast is looking awesome for everywhere i ride this year I can wait!!
I thought i saw ohlins front in one of your old pics,and with dule springs to boot,funny i am using brian for my shock thearpy. he has a brand new set of front ohlins,that are not off the 40th apex,they are just ohlin front shocks,with a single rate spring,i have not got them yet,but hope they work good right out of the box,if not brian said he would revalve them to my liking for free,now that is a stand up guy,and he gave me a killer price,i was hoping for some good feedback from you on your front ohlins,but i can see you are not happy the way they were,maybe after some seat time on them this winter,we can compare notes! My sled is same 06 apexgt. Pete

First mod for the sledding season is complete! New 6x12 trailer for my sled! So happy about this! Next up I just need to lay down the ski glides and track guides (using old hyfax to keep studs off deck of trailer) and its ready to load and go. Plenty of room in it and good ventilation. Should be perfect!

Attachments

• king trailer.jpg
    king trailer.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 1,359
  • king trailer_1.jpg
    king trailer_1.jpg
    4 KB · Views: 1,399
  • king trailer _2.jpg
    king trailer _2.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,361
Ready to take a day off and get to work on the sled. New shocks from Blowett showed up! I say new but they are mine he rebuilt them, revalved them to increase the adjustment range, and had the springs powdercoated for me to match the sled.

Any input on set up? They are compression adjustible and rebound adjustable.

Initially I will set the springs as soft as they will go, and set both CR and RB in the middle for the first ride.

2011-11-07_14-17-56_195.jpg

hey kinger... you hit the nail on the head for starting point... I just had mine revalved to my riding style... but i''ve always rode mine with springs as soft as i can (without them loosening up under full extension) then adjust both dials middle of the road and go from there!... Love my ohlins!!!

Got the shocks mounted on the front, they look nice against the black A arms I think.

2011-11-14_19-29-26_402.jpg

2011-11-14_19-29-18_562.jpg

Also working on heating and bending my 5 gallon rev tank to fit on the back of the sled and be able to fill by opening the rear storage flap in the seat and be able to carry 15 gallons of fuel which would give me the same range as the 600 Etecs I ride with.

2011-11-13_21-03-35_647.jpg

I'll figure out where to carry Torco cans after I get the gas tank and seat figured out LOL

:flag:

Super Sled said:
Won't the exhaust melt the plastic fuel tank, potentially causing a massive fireball?

that would be very cool looking.....for about 5 seconds :)

going to need some serious kinda heat shield between the tank/exhaust for sure! :Rockon:

Back