• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

LTX 137 lack of transfer..Reasoning/Solution?

That’s exactly how I’ve always set up my sleds, procross chassis or not. Once you have the front and rear setup (usually soft) then all I need to adjust for riding conditions is the center spring preload. Short tracks will always handle better on trails that’s why I have a hard time with the growing number of long tracks riding on the trails, blowing all the snow off the corners with their 2” paddles.

But Hey atleast you guys look cool tho!!

137” isn’t too bad but anything longer is a waste on the trail. Heck if they made a 121” I would have bought that! I did a couple 300 mile days last year and my 50 year old girl friend was riding a 2000 SRX with no complaints from her. Toughen up Buttercups.

So a 129” spring won’t work on a 137”?

The last short track sled I owned was my 2012 1200 with a 120 track. I hated the way that sled went through the snow. I had 5.7 ski's and 1.25 ice ripper track. I remember breaking trail through about 3 ft of snow and my wife went by me like I was standing still. She was riding her 1200 Renegade with 6.9 skis and the same tack. After she wanted to know why I was going so slow breaking trail. I told her my sled went through the snow like the Titanic! I like the 137" tracks for my type of riding. I have never had a 129" track so maybe I would like it but I don't want to take a chance I will end up with another Titanic.

:jump:
So, it's OK to eat more donuts?
Awesome!

I added 40 pounds of gas & stuff to my storage in back & it rides better. When i drove my bud home after towing his POO, we were pulling wheelies all night, much to his dismay. LOL
But i eat 6 to 8 times per day including donuts with whole milk & i can't gain a pound. Not bragging, but if we don't get some answers soon i may have to get a girlfriend to ride on the back.
For what this machine costs you'd think they would have thrown in a Concubine or a cute Asian girl.

DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way condoning racism, sexism, or human trafficking to be used as a counterweight for better handling...

Lmfao....gotta change my username to StevewithCOPD cause I can hardly breath right now!! Yea I’m a Steve also.

I added 40 pounds of gas & stuff to my storage in back & it rides better. When i drove my bud home after towing his POO, we were pulling wheelies all night, much to his dismay. LOL
But i eat 6 to 8 times per day including donuts with whole milk & i can't gain a pound. Not bragging, but if we don't get some answers soon i may have to get a girlfriend to ride on the back.
For what this machine costs you'd think they would have thrown in a Concubine or a cute Asian girl.

DISCLAIMER: I am in NO way condoning racism, sexism, or human trafficking to be used as a counterweight for better handling...
LOL!! Maybe they will by lunch too!
Had a friend who was HUGE...had to be over 300, and his old long track Mach z was an animal under his berth, he could peddle that thing through the rough, but a rode like a tank under me.

So after going back and reading last years thread "Removing Transfer Blocks" ( https://ty4stroke.com/threads/removing-transfer-blocks.145776/ ) sure enough, moving the scissors to the foward holes was done.
LTX Skid damage.JPG
Whether it was done intentionally or set up that way from the dealer. Just so happens it was the member that pulled the shaft out and rim racked his big wheel kit in the process. My guess is he didn't get much seat time in before this happened , but who knows? Maybe Winder1987 can add some more insight on the matter.

I’m 6’5” 300 lbs and every sled I’ve owned I had to buy springs and revalve shocks, that sucked and was expensive. Reading this post I’m even more fired up to ride and not buy springs and shocks. Sorry to you light weights but about time us big boys get a sled we dont have to mess with. Tug hill is supposed to get 2’ by Friday night, can’t wait to try it out.

I’m 6’5” 300 lbs and every sled I’ve owned I had to buy springs and revalve shocks, that sucked and was expensive. Reading this post I’m even more fired up to ride and not buy springs and shocks. Sorry to you light weights but about time us big boys get a sled we dont have to mess with. Tug hill is supposed to get 2’ by Friday night, can’t wait to try it out.
I'm watching the plume off Ontario right now, but it's still too far north.

So after going back and reading last years thread "Removing Transfer Blocks" ( https://ty4stroke.com/threads/removing-transfer-blocks.145776/ ) sure enough, moving the scissors to the foward holes was done. View attachment 134037 Whether it was done intentionally or set up that way from the dealer. Just so happens it was the member that pulled the shaft out and rim racked his big wheel kit in the process. My guess is he didn't get much seat time in before this happened , but who knows? Maybe Winder1987 can add some more insight on the matter.
There are no forward holes.

I'm watching the plume off Ontario right now, but it's still too far north.
We’ll have to keep an eye on the northern chateau web cams. I have to at least go rip around on the seasonal roads to start dialing in the suspension.

We’ll have to keep an eye on the northern chateau web cams. I have to at least go rip around on the seasonal roads to start dialing in the suspension.
You and me both...I have some breaking in to do...we had 4 inches a few weeks ago, that was enough to buzz on the grass drag strip, but didn't have the sled. I remember I had 100 miles on my 03 rx1 before October, 02, on grass...lol! Kept it cool, and wet, but wow, what drag that thing had.

So after going back and reading last years thread "Removing Transfer Blocks" ( https://ty4stroke.com/threads/removing-transfer-blocks.145776/ ) sure enough, moving the scissors to the foward holes was done. View attachment 134037 Whether it was done intentionally or set up that way from the dealer. Just so happens it was the member that pulled the shaft out and rim racked his big wheel kit in the process. My guess is he didn't get much seat time in before this happened , but who knows? Maybe Winder1987 can add some more insight on the matter.
I can’t see why people remove the coupler arm. It defeats the purpose of this suspension. Buy the 141 if you want uncoupled, it’s basically the same length.

OK, i measured my new rear springs from Hygear compared to stock.

Stock=10mm Hygear=9.5mm
Stock "coil"=72mm(2 7/8'') Hygear "coil"=56mm(2 1/4'')
Stock has 7 coils Hygear has 8 coils

What does this mean? How the hell should i know! I just type in the data & let all the smart people figure it out.

The sag didn't feel different, but it felt like i could get a FULL range of motion when pressing on it. What does this mean? I told you: How the hell should i know!

Stock=10mm Hygear=9.5mm

What does this mean? How the hell should i know! I just type in the data & let all the smart people figure it out.

The sag didn't feel different, but it felt like i could get a FULL range of motion when pressing on it. What does this mean? I told you: How the hell should i know!
Couldn't Hygear tell you whether or not it was softer? I know their website is vague on that. It might be because its similar to the lighter of the factory springs.

Its interesting to go back and read the thread from last year.

Nobody posted about moving the scissor mount forward but some moved the coupler limit shaft back in the skid - 1 so much he added material to the top of the tab to hit the blocks.

Lighter factory springs or modding (shaving down) the coupler blocks is probably the best answer.

Stock=10mm Hygear=9.5mm

That is similar to the one I bent. I didnt like the smaller coil. Did not gain much free sag. Gave them to a local drag racer with shortened shocks. See most here are thinking transfer. Wish you all would just forget that. Thats easy. I am talking free sag. The kind where everyone panics and thinks shocks are shot. Similar to having back on ground and skis on dollies. Make a sled thats low have transfer and then you are moving and going faster after since your low.

Back