• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MPI Turbo Viper ongoing Review.....

I think the main reason you're hearing that is cuz the apex speedo reads pretty generous, the viper speedo is spot on, my viper even at 4 pounds is leaps and bounds quicker and faster than my old mans apex. Low to mid range pull is no comparison but I've seen it first hand where the viper even with stock gearing is still faster than the apex

Fair enough. I just don't want to spend 19000$+ and not be happy. Im going to test a stock viper and go from there.

Look forward to hearing what you think. I remember the first demo ride I took on a viper, I honestly was kinda disappointed because it felt slow to me..well what actually was going on was the chassis worked so well and was so smooth that it felt like I was going slow because it took no effort to ride it. Got back to the dealer and jumped on my apex to ride the same trail I just rode the viper on and I got bucked all over the place on the apex where as the viper was just a nice smooth trail ride. My advice would be to focus on the sled itself and just how much you can push it and compare it to what you're riding now and if possible ride your apex back to back with the viper, if you're anything like me that'll make you like the viper even more

I changed the gearing on my ltx from 24/50 to 21/41, the last couple hundred trail miles have been at only 4 pounds, it'll hit 100 mph on any trail I've been on so far, and if trails are smooth enough to go this fast it'll hold steady at 65-70 mph and literally only be at 1/4 throttle making like 1 pound of boost..hit wot and it'll carry the skis the whole time til you let off. I've put 800 miles on the turbo, 3100 miles total on the sled and haven't had any real turbo related issues other than boost and fuel adjustments, which are simple to make

After gearing, did you check your speedo against GPS, did it change?

I was very surprised by the difference in power going from stock (put on 1500 km) then to the mpi trail kit. I came from a stock 06 apex and I too missed the top end... The mid range pull of the 3 cylinder is pretty nice however. Once the mpi was installed (ive only put about 500km on turboed) but I love it! You can still "daily drive" it around with no to low boost and notice a bunch difference (with clutching). Hammer on it if you want at any speed and the thing fricken squats and GOES! Granted I'm uncoupled suspension.

I was very surprised by the difference in power going from stock (put on 1500 km) then to the mpi trail kit. I came from a stock 06 apex and I too missed the top end... The mid range pull of the 3 cylinder is pretty nice however. Once the mpi was installed (ive only put about 500km on turboed) but I love it! You can still "daily drive" it around with no to low boost and notice a bunch difference (with clutching). Hammer on it if you want at any speed and the thing fricken squats and GOES! Granted I'm uncoupled suspension.

Right on!!

Back