• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New Ecu flash for Yamaha Viper/Arctic cats 7000 w/POLL

Your experience with the December 2018 Viper ecu update

• Total voters
I just got it done today, so far so good. It really cleaned up the off idle and midrange. Not really any more power like people have said, but now I can give it a little throttle and walk it into the garage. It never was that smooth at engagement before. Fingers crossed.

MtCooler is ready to set his 7000 on fire. New battery and checked all wiring. If it idles long or gets warm around 195f it will backfire and if shut off will not restart without almost killing battery. This started with new flash but has has always had starting issues. New flash made it worse. 4 years of absolute bull for him. Its no wonder guys go to other makes.

Update - dealer pulled off primary and crank cover to see if the “nub” has moved and and according to mechanic it had moved a 16th out of position and this as per Cat would cause hot starting issues as it will throw out timing, injectors, etc. So, we are going to replace and see what happens...... it is 13 in the pic.
Please keep us updated on this. I think this may be some of MtCoolers issue or tight valves. Thing with this reluctor wheel is that the ECU is supposed to determine timing by piston speed not the actual position of the points on reluctor wheel. Piston changes speed during the 4 cycle process. Now at startup that cant be done.so most fi engines fire ignition all strokes. Wasted Spark at startup till a certain rpm is reached. That startup sequence is where a reluctor wheel being off could really be a issue but does not explain his backfiring when it gets warm. He is all stock. Anyone have a temp sensor go out? His guage reads correctly and identical to mine but may be two temp sensors?

I had mine reflashed Wednesday and all I know is it's running alot leaner and hotter than before. My hurricane turbo is smoking hot, so hot it melted my side panel. Never had this in the last 5000km. AFR #s are 1.5 higher through the range it seems and hot starts like #*$&@. I just richened my map to see what happens

I had mine reflashed Wednesday and all I know is it's running alot leaner and hotter than before. My hurricane turbo is smoking hot, so hot it melted my side panel. Never had this in the last 5000km. AFR #s are 1.5 higher through the range it seems and hot starts like #*$&@. I just richened my map to see what happens
I saw it at start and low but mid and top were fine. Went 5% richer on low end.

Just did the RAP tour in Ontario Canada. Put 950 total miles on the odometer in 5 days of riding in Canada. Had multiple warm start failures but it did start without kickback every morning (it wasn't overly cold). Cold starts still take a few seconds and while it's cranking it slows like the battery is dying then just when your thinking about releasing the key it fires. Very strange starting this thing with the new update. I think whoever devolved this update spent the weekend on a drinking binge with the boys and under the influence thought this was a great idea.

THIS PROBLEM CAN"T BE CORRECTED WITH A SIMPLE FLASH................. I believe they've proven that to us.

Just did the RAP tour in Ontario Canada. Put 950 total miles on the odometer in 5 days of riding in Canada. Had multiple warm start failures but it did start without kickback every morning (it wasn't overly cold). Cold starts still take a few seconds and while it's cranking it slows like the battery is dying then just when your thinking about releasing the key it fires. Very strange starting this thing with the new update. I think whoever devolved this update spent the weekend on a drinking binge with the boys and under the influence thought this was a great idea.

THIS PROBLEM CAN"T BE CORRECTED WITH A SIMPLE FLASH................. I believe they've proven that to us.
I agree. New wiring and ECU is what we need.

I saw it at start and low but mid and top were fine. Went 5% richer on low end.
I just richened my 750-1750rpm range by 3% and it start instantly now sitting here really hot in my shop. It's funny my wide open seems really rich with this flash. Used to run around 11.5 and now 10.5. but below full throttle it seems lean

I just richened my 750-1750rpm range by 3% and it start instantly now sitting here really hot in my shop. It's funny my wide open seems really rich with this flash. Used to run around 11.5 and now 10.5. but below full throttle it seems lean
Yea we have different mods. The tweaked the timing up further in rpm so probably needs more fuel because of that.

So I got the reflash on my wife's 14 Viper Thursday. Up north now and it quits every time she let's off the throttle coming to a stop or a steep hill. I did a search and I didn't see anyone else with that problem.... Anyone? I have very spotty internet so I apologize if this is covered somewhere and I didn't see it.
Thanks
Jamie

So I got the reflash on my wife's 14 Viper Thursday. Up north now and it quits every time she let's off the throttle coming to a stop or a steep hill. I did a search and I didn't see anyone else with that problem.... Anyone? I have very spotty internet so I apologize if this is covered somewhere and I didn't see it.
Thanks
Jamie
Thats a new one. Fuel pickup? Is it full of fuel?

Is the idle lower when it does idle?

A little, I dontd drive it much. I will look at it closer when ew get home. I drove it and it never died.... It felt like it was going to but I blipped the throttle and it stayed running. Overall it runs better, starts better and seems smoother. Is the idle completely computer controlled or can I turn it up old school?
Thanks for the info !
JG

A little, I dontd drive it much. I will look at it closer when ew get home. I drove it and it never died.... It felt like it was going to but I blipped the throttle and it stayed running. Overall it runs better, starts better and seems smoother. Is the idle completely computer controlled or can I turn it up old school?
Thanks for the info !
JG
Its computer controlled but honestly after warm up I would think the adjuster would still adjust it. Its there. I just never have. Maybe we all will want to if we can. Even after my tuning I am still 100rpm lower than before at warm up. 1700 vs 1800.

Back