• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

I just cut the stock shield down 4 or 5 inches and painted it black, as for the wheels, who knows I might have to have my stockers on standby for the first few rides. I'm hoping Yamy did some R&D on these instead of letting the public do their testing for them.

Ted

Thanks for the compliments guys, It's the backcountry 1.75, I just couldn't bring myself to go shorter than that for all that work. Hope I don't have to do slides every 200k though.

A-arm protectors install

Got these from http://www.muffinworksltd.com/ I wanted white so I did a search here and found these guys. ;)!
Yamaha doesn't offer white. Hmmm...

These should help out with flotation. Kit comes with all stainless steel hardware needed to do the job. Fairly simple install.
Remove bolt and nut going through stabilizer joint on both sides holding up sway bar.
IMG_3406.jpg

Let sway bar hang down. Put the plate in place and feed stabilizer through the hole and install bolt again. This will need a 24 ft.lb torque setting.
IMG_3435.jpg

Feed the rivet up through the already predrilled holes(three per side) and use the supplied hardware to install. You will need a buddy for this step to hold the washer tight to hold rivet. I also used a clamp to help line everything up.
IMG_3479.jpg

Piece a cake.
IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

By the way T T T, that is a sweet track you have there. Going to be real nice in the powder. Sled looks good with the white a arms. ;)!

As soon as we get some snow I'll let everyone know how it works with the Backcountry and Powderpros. After reading some of the write ups I was kinda scared I had bought a snow combine. Although I got to say the shorty Nytro I rode last year was no slouch in the powder. I plan on riding in the mountains a couple of times this year so I had to go bigger. Is that the Yamaha skid plate on your machine NL?

T T T said:
As soon as we get some snow I'll let everyone know how it works with the Backcountry and Powderpros. After reading some of the write ups I was kinda scared I had bought a snow combine. Although I got to say the shorty Nytro I rode last year was no slouch in the powder. I plan on riding in the mountains a couple of times this year so I had to go bigger. Is that the Yamaha skid plate on your machine NL?

Yes it is. My plan was to go blue but all the blues didn't match with the machine so I went white. I ride in some deep stuff here on the West Coast of Newfoundland so I went with the 1.5". Thought it would be a good compromise for me. I wouldn't mind taking your set up in the hills either. Keep us posted.

NLVMAX said:
A-arm protectors install

Got these from http://www.muffinworksltd.com/ I wanted white so I did a search here and found these guys. ;)!
Yamaha doesn't offer white. Hmmm...

These should help out with flotation. Kit comes with all stainless steel hardware needed to do the job. Fairly simple install.
Remove bolt and nut going through stabilizer joint on both sides holding up sway bar.
IMG_3406.jpg

Let sway bar hang down. Put the plate in place and feed stabilizer through the hole and install bolt again. This will need a 24 ft.lb torque setting.
IMG_3435.jpg

Feed the rivet up through the already predrilled holes(three per side) and use the supplied hardware to install. You will need a buddy for this step to hold the washer tight to hold rivet. I also used a clamp to help line everything up.
IMG_3479.jpg

Piece a cake.
IMG_3453.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

By the way T T T, that is a sweet track you have there. Going to be real nice in the powder. Sled looks good with the white a arms. ;)!

Nice post...Got a set of these on the way as well..

Gotta protect my newly painted white a-arms some how.

:Rockon:

I really like the looks of this but is there any worry of these while acting like float plates also acting like a shovel and allowing snow and ice build up eventually adding wieght to the lower arm and affecting the suspension? Don't blast me for asking a stupid question just asking. Could be way off base.

Ar first I thought it was going to look stupid, but I like them. They will work awesome in cornstalks.

Back