• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

NLVMAX'S Nytro SE Garage: Mod Update

Yesterday, I was out with a couple of doo guys. One had a new 600 SDI and the other guy had a new 800 R. We put on a little over 100 km's on some pretty rough trails. I was impressed on how their machines handled the rough trails. We ran the sleds hard and I can say I couldn't run any harder.

I am still trying to dial in the suspension. Not there yet. More adjustments. :o|
Made a few more adjustments today and went for a 85 km run. A bit better but not there yet.

Got home to the garage and just about to put sled on dollies. Lifted the back to put the wheels under and dead weight. Looked under to see the build up. I couldn't believe how much weight is added to the back because of this. I know a lot of people have been already talking about this...
Just wanted to add a couple pics. Good thing I lost 8 pounds with the Excell exhaust. Still love this sled.

IMG_4931.jpg

IMG_4933.jpg

NLVMAX said:
Clutching:

Stage 1 on Nytro, for those who have tried it. What do you think??

http://www.ulmerracing.com/

Just did mine, but have yet to try it out. Doing 96 Reotin Hornets down the middle this weekend, so I might not get a chance before that. I'm sure between the kit and a little bit more hook up, it should be launching pretty good.

may get better responses if you make a seperate thread on the clutch looking for the same answers, like to upgrade my clutch as well have 96 studs and excell exhaust

sd5500 said:
Just did mine, but have yet to try it out. Doing 96 Reotin Hornets down the middle this weekend, so I might not get a chance before that. I'm sure between the kit and a little bit more hook up, it should be launching pretty good.

Have you tried this yet?

Well, I also just ordered the Stage 1 from Ulmer. Not sure how it compares to the drag n fly weights? It was a hard decision between the two. Kinda leaned towards Ulmer because he have worked with the set-up with similar mods. Plan is to run Ulmer's set-up to see if I'm happy. Claim is for smoother engagement, better low and mid range.

Hear so much good stuff on the drag n fly weights.

Looking good! Got to try the side windshield protectors. They actually help a decent amount.

RowdyRoddy said:
Is the hitch you installed a yamaha product or something else? Also, how much was it. Looking to buy one also.

RR

Yamaha Part # SMA8GL41HTCH. Check out last page. I paid 120.00+ tax.

When you do install the plate you will have to drill out 6 orig rivets on top of tunnel and replace.

STAGE 1 CLUTCH KIT INSTALLATION FROM ULMER RACING

First to comment on Ulmer. Awesome service. I ordered this kit from him on Feb 5th and I received it on the 12th. I'm after ordering a few things from him now and always get fast and reliable service. ;)!

Looking for RPM's btw 8700-9000 with the full Excell System. Kit includes a Silver secondary spring, a O-P-O Primary spring, Super Tip weights and custom Helix.
On Yamaha machines all the primary and secondary springs(black) are color coded. Other manufactures may use a spring completely painted red or blue.

IMG_4964.jpg

First start with the primary clutch. Remove belt. Only removing the clutch cover to get access of the cam arm and weights. This is a straight forward install and Ulmer has perfect instructions on his site.

Mark a line on the cover so it can be reassembled the same.
Remove 6 bolts on primary clutch cover. Do this evenly. Do three at a time. Evenly loosen the remainding three bolts. I then removed the clutch cover and spring.
Slide the sheave back for easy access to weights.

8mm wrenches does the job.
IMG_4778.jpg

Loosen allen screws(2.5mm) a couple turns for the bolt and bushing to come out. Careful not to lose the washers on either side of arm when removing bushing.

IMG_4986.jpg

Now time to reinstall but with the Super Tip weights. Reinstall washers, bushing and put the bolt through the weight and torque the nut to 4.3 ft.lb.

Re tighten the allen screws. Time for the new Primary Spring. Install in the spider and put cover back on make sure you line up your lines. Evenly tighten bolts. Torque to 10 ft. lbs
IMG_5013.jpg

Ah, primary completed.

Time to work on the Secondary. Once again, mark a line on the secondary sheave and helix tower so you install it the same.
I removed the bolt holding it on to the jackshaft. I believe it is a 22mm. Careful not to lose washers on either side when removing.
IMG_4996.jpg

IMG_4998.jpg

To remove the stock helix, first back off the 3 12 mm nuts evenly and remove helix and stock spring.
When I took out the spring I noticed it was in the 6-1 position.
Ulmer setting calls for a 6-3 spring wrap.

IMG_5002.jpg

Take the end of the silver spring
IMG_5003-1.jpg

and put it in the #3 hole in secondary.
IMG_5008-1.jpg

Put the spring on helix in #6 position
IMG_5009-2.jpg

Turn helix clockwise onto tower and bolt on. Make sure not to interfere with plastic buttons on secondary. Tighten to 17ft.lbs

Put secondary back on jackshaft along with washers. Torque bolt to 46 ft. lbs and your good to go.
IMG_5011.jpg

All done, put belt on now. Will test out soon and reply.

Tested out the Stage 1 and all I can say is it "WOW". Very pleased with this clutch set up. Ulmer knows what he's at.
She just rips hard now. Much better than stock. Guys, don't hesitate. This is a winner.

Tether Switch Install

Well, entering races here on the Rock this coming weekend so I just installed the tether switch from http://www.ulmerracing.com/ He has instruction on his website. Very simple to install.

If you order anywhere else make sure you buy a closed tether. Installation took me around 20-30 minutes. Only thing I didn't like was having to extend the wires. They should come long enough to fit any sled.

Here are a couple pics. Now I'm legal to race. ;)!

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5127.jpg

IMG_5135.jpg

Nytro

08 RTX With a Drag n Fly clutch kit, Arctic FX grafix kit, Super Q exhaust, custom made tunnel plate for ice, Curve Skis with Bergstrom triple point 4inch carbides, Black Seat cover, Polished Tunnel

Attachments

• DSCN0599.JPG
    DSCN0599.JPG
    246 KB · Views: 151
  • DSCN0600.JPG
    DSCN0600.JPG
    218.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN0601.JPG
    DSCN0601.JPG
    224.5 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN0602.JPG
    DSCN0602.JPG
    214.5 KB · Views: 159
NLVMAX said:
Tested out the Stage 1 and all I can say is it "WOW". Very pleased with this clutch set up. Ulmer knows what he's at.
She just rips hard now. Much better than stock. Guys, don't hesitate. This is a winner.

Did your top end improve?

Back