• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Off-season maintenance

I owned a few two strokes as well. There's one that stands out in my mind a tripple that I tuned to run 7600-7700 max rpms and it flat out hauled. The nice about a apex is there alot more forgiving compared to a two stroke when it comes to target rpm's.
Yes I agree.. my mxz is a rocket from 6000-8000 rpm , below that and it's just ok , two smoker power bands ... As where this is instant power all the time and I can imagine dropping one tooth will help even more , just before I put it away still had some snow in the yard in patches .. I wanted to burn out most of the fuel... Few times on patches of grass , I'd stab it and it about ripped me off the back it hooked so hard lol , amazing the torque these things have

Yes I agree.. my mxz is a rocket from 6000-8000 rpm , below that and it's just ok , two smoker power bands ... As where this is instant power all the time and I can imagine dropping one tooth will help even more , just before I put it away still had some snow in the yard in patches .. I wanted to burn out most of the fuel... Few times on patches of grass , I'd stab it and it about ripped me off the back it hooked so hard lol , amazing the torque these things have
You will get use to that.

Dropped the oil on this thing last nite and I'm pretty sure no one had drained the crank case ... Only @4444 miles and the access pannel for the drain on the engine , bolts were pretty locked up .... Drained both tank and the engine and dumped prolly half a quart threw tank and the engine while I had the plugs out , "flushed" it with clean oil ... Pulled the screen out of the tank and it had some crap on It.... I actually ended up going with an oil change kit I found on Amazon , 4qts of Yami full synthetic and filter for $70, comes with new copper o-rings for the plugs as well .. I've looked and looked on here about what guys run for oil and filters and said f it .. just ran Yami stuff

Ill do the spark plugs tonight , then when my donuts come in, I'll get her mosly togeather.... chaincase is next, repack bearings , drop the gear size , and fresh oil .. still gotta bleed the coolant after my flush and refill .. I pulled the thermostat and flushed it all out with garden hose , then filled with coolant under the thermostat , reinstalled, then continued to fill , tyyed to burp most of it I could , but once I get it all back together , I'll fire it up with the cap off and let it get good and warm , I believe there is a bleeder in th rear cross over tube once I let it pressurize

Pulled the skid out of my new-2-me 2011 high miles Apex. Removed all 11 bogies and pulled seals and repacked. The two upper tunnel mounted ones were in the worse shape and had to be replaced. One thing I noticed is the bogie on the rear axle nearest the nut rides on the tapered part of the shaft. Only the innermost part is fully supported. Seems odd. Can someone confirm? The RA cable for the shock is missing but i'm OK with that as i'm a set 'n forget kinda rider. I'll just adjust it to my liking and leave it alone. I did notice that at the shock there are 34 clicks when manually adjusting, at the tunnel there are 22 clicks. Is there a no man's land where I should not leave it in? or, are the clicks at the shock and the clicks at the tunnel not in sync?

Pulled the skid out of my new-2-me 2011 high miles Apex. Removed all 11 bogies and pulled seals and repacked. The two upper tunnel mounted ones were in the worse shape and had to be replaced. One thing I noticed is the bogie on the rear axle nearest the nut rides on the tapered part of the shaft. Only the innermost part is fully supported. Seems odd. Can someone confirm? The RA cable for the shock is missing but i'm OK with that as i'm a set 'n forget kinda rider. I'll just adjust it to my liking and leave it alone. I did notice that at the shock there are 34 clicks when manually adjusting, at the tunnel there are 22 clicks. Is there a no man's land where I should not leave it in? or, are the clicks at the shock and the clicks at the tunnel not in sync?
Can't speak for the clicks in the adjusters seeing how I'm kinda set it and forget it as well .. also I've got the (gt) with the olins adjustable ... Have u thought about a 4th wheel kit ?

I ended up going with the stock #9 plugs .. I've read alot of ppl run the #10's for an allegid 2-3 hp gain .. but I've also read alot about how they are a different temp range and have sometimes created hard starting issuies .. granted these only had 4400 miles on them . They were 12 years old .. and #1 on clutch side looked pretty caked with carbon .. currently awaiting my donuts and bulk head saver kit , then I can start putting her back together

That's awesome , and still got enough bite to keep that 150 hp rippin?

on our typical trail conditions it works awsome. need to moderate flipper use when it gets 3-4" loose snow on the top but still does the job. i also off trail with this sled and have no problems that are not usually rider error. it has broken 20-40 km of trail in 3' + of snow multiple times.

Screenshot_2018-04-23-19-01-37.png

Back