• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

operation mtx -100lbs well on its way

MTdream, only a hundred or so of us. LOL!

2 right now (wife and myself), maybe three (grapeape)

thanks for the compliments guys.

caleb, i know your sled will be lighter than this one. who you kiddin? LOL!!! your not riding yet?

ski

Not riding yet. I just dropped everything off at the powdercoaters yesterday. Other people in the state have been riding for a couple weeks though.

I think my sled is going to end up around 5-10 lbs heavier than stock.

sledskiing, i didnt want the gas can over the top of the under tunnel exhaust. (BOOM!) even though there is an aluminum plate and air gap, i am not so sure about the heat under there. better safe than sorry, so i am going to have a box in front and in the rear of the can. ski

skidoo, you might be able to pick up a trail tank reasonably while you are out here... hint hint!!!

got one on already, did you not see the white (clear) tank in the pictures? LOL! now i can haul a total of close to 14 gallons. thats all day in the back country. :yam:
ski

skidooboy said:
got one on already, did you not see the white (clear) tank in the pictures? LOL! now i can haul a total of close to 14 gallons. thats all day in the back country. :yam:
ski
So you didn't actually take off 100lbs., you just moved it the gas tank(s). :p Just bustin' your chops, nice work. I should have pics of mine next week, hopefully finished.

Attachments

• atv riser sketch.JPG
    atv riser sketch.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 100
Here is my solution for the tail light!

I bought the 12" led tail light from vehiclelight.com

For the wiring I used 0.5" flexible plastic tubing with 0.75" bracket!

skidooboy said:
ski

ummm, well I ride not that un hard... and ummmm I have gas left over after everyday with the trail tank...

you need one of those fake gas cans that holds other stuff when you open it up, as you will NOT be needing 14 gallons of fuel IMHO....

Back