• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rxrider's Turbo Garage - pics back, will continue

rxrider said:
The parts I ordered from Twin Turbo aka Greg Santry at Powerbygns are now heading my way, I guess I will have them some day next week.

I have also got a package from TT with his Tial 50 millimeter BOV for a test install in my sled to see if it will fit in my application. So far by looking at it I think I can make it fit in front of the IC core facing down into the nose cone of the sled.
Thank you TT for letting me borrow your Tial for testing purposes.

No problem buddy ;)!

You should be able to make it fit up in the nose cone. This would be perfect with your watermeth kit.

Parts from Powerbygns TWIN TURBO arrived today, gotta pic them up tomorrow. Can't wait to tear my engine apart and start adjusting the cams.

Thanks TT - The Tial will fit nicely up in the nose cone, welded to the alu tube in front of the core. I would install the Tial facing downwards into the nose cone, mounted this way it will purge the charge tube for any moisture or oil in the charge tube.

I was about to stop by your place last Thursday, but had to be@work until Friday....See your getting way more into it than last time I was there....it must be some kind of sickness you've got....LOL

Hey, if you know anybody that might need parts, sleds, etc, I've got ALL my stuff up for sale....Here's the link so you can check it out....

http://www.hsperformance.no/scooter...jesalg-bl-3-yamaha-sn-scootere.html#post34110

Bull

Yeah, with all the talk about cam timing I figured I had to get the tools to do the job myself. With the parts from TWIN TURBO there is no grinding of cam sprocket bolt holes involved. All I have to do is adding the 2 small shims to the large holes on each cam sprocket to get a new set of bolt holes for altering the position of the cams.... with the cam degree tools to verify it should be very easy to get close to 114 degree lobe centers on both the intake and exhaust cams.

I'll let you know if anyone around here is in need of any of your parts. What are your plans for the coming season??? A Doo 1200 with Powder Lites?

Hey, I saw you had tried to call me last night...I'll call you after work today....

Doo? Come on bud, get off the crack pipe...LOL....

I'm undecided...Thinking of taking a couple of years of from riding.... :o|

Hahaha just gotta ask.... you know the dark side can be tempting as it is the easy way to power...good to know the force is still with you buddy. No... only thing I smoke is my old socks LOL

Sad to hear you're going to off sledding... baby on it's way or.... :) While off sledding, guess your gonna plan your next project carefully and have all stuff you need at hand when you get to buy a new baby to add to your collection.

I wanted to talk to you about the lexan hood. See ya buddy

LOL...great talking to you yesterday...No kid on the way for me...Just want to try some different stuff for a while I guess...But...I know when winter comes, I won't be sledless... Just don't have the time for these kind of builds anymore.... Better off selling it all....It's amazing how much stuff one finds when your cleaning out the garage..I put a pic of the hood in my HS thread....Check it out...BAD-#*$&@!!! LOL...

Like you need anymore mods on your sled.... :Rockon:

Thank you Vidamic - this thread is my way to give info back to the site as I've learnt a lot of stuff on here since the beginning. I like to share what I learn with other sledders :)

As you have read, this thread contains a lot of general RX-1 info (a lot is also valid on the Apex platform) together with a lot of MCX and Powder Lites, and not to forget the custom RX-1 and Apex builds we're still working on. There will be more to come as we're going into the motors again to adjust cam timing and lobe centers.

Again, thanks for the kind words :)
Any questions? PM or email me and I'll try helping you out the best I can.

rxrider

Update August 31. - Tearing the sled apart.

The sled is finally coming apart. Most stuff is off the sled, only the turbo remains to remove before the engine is opened up.

I will be back with pics when the engine is opened up. I'm changing out the stock head studs to 10 mm hardened ARP studs. Next is cam degreeing.

Update September 16. - Tearing the sled apart - part 2.

Made some headway this evening. With the work done today I'm ready to measure valve lash to check if shimming of the valves are needed to keep it close to the outer limit of spec. Valve measuring are done prior to removing cams so that I don't have to remove the cams one more time... this way I save myself some work. If some valves are out of spec I will change out shims to correct the clearance to where I want it. Will be back with the procedure and measurements later when I have data to share.

With measurements done I will remove cams and head to change out the stock head studs for a set of hardened 10 millimeter ARP studs. Cam timing are going to be set at 114 intake and 114 exhaust by using cam bushings bought from site member TWIN TURBO at http://www.powerbygns.com

I have two stock head gasket stacked and I'm running 10:1 Wiseco low compression pistons, I will replace the stacked gaskets with one single stock head gasket to raise the CR from 9.13:1 to 10:1. When running meth injection I do not need to run 9.13 CR anymore to keep the engine alive, with the meth injection I can get away with running 10:1 CR on pump premium even at 22 lbs.

That pretty much cover what I have planned to do with the sled before the snow flies :) :yam:

Here's a few pics of the progress so far.

DSCF9040.jpg

DSCF9044.jpg

Plugs are black, verifying what my WBO2 told me last winter, WOT readings were in the low 11s. I have already jetted down from 132.5 mains to 127.5 mains. Motor was cutting out on ignition like running into a rev limiter at 9500 rpms. Hurricane said the flame front was quenced (?) by the fat AFRs at WOT, he adviced me to shoot for 12+ AFRs.

Here's a few pics of the plugs (CR9E)

DSCF9048.jpg

DSCF9051.jpg

Last thing I did was removing the horizontal steering column, I have the aluminum and oillite bushings ready for install. With the steering column out of the way access to the engine is a lot easier.

DSCF9055.jpg

:Rockon: Good to be back in the garage working on the sled ;)! ;)! ;)!

:tg: :-o LaLaLa

Back