• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt bros. clutch kit and cold air intake

NytroRTX0822 said:
How loud is the exhaust?

The Schmidt Bros. nytro dual exhaust is a highlight when I ride my nytro. It has a great throaty sound which I consider trail friendly. The idle sound is awesome. I have never received any complaints that it is too loud. You can view and listen to this exhaust on youtube.

Can anyone tell me the differences between the Schmidt Bros clutch kits? I'm an average trail rider who just wants a lower engagement (to save my neck).

Will the Comfort Clutch kit be enough for how I ride? Why do people need the Stage I and Stage II kits? They look like overkill for me (did I mention I'm cheap?). :yam:

I wanna know weather to go schmitt bros or ulmers pros and cons. Example dialing it in. I got all this power and a stock xtx is still hangin with me.

jleinen said:
Can anyone tell me the differences between the Schmidt Bros clutch kits? I'm an average trail rider who just wants a lower engagement (to save my neck).

Will the Comfort Clutch kit be enough for how I ride? Why do people need the Stage I and Stage II kits? They look like overkill for me (did I mention I'm cheap?). :yam:
If you review their web site and place a call into Chris, I'm sure that he would be more than willing to answer your questions about his clutch kits.

Here's my understanding. The SBM clutch kits improve the engagement, low, mid, throttle responce, engine braking and top speed. The low engagement improves your loading, unloading, and reverse. My clutch now has a very smooth engagement which means that when you are stopped and then you gradually press your throttle, the snowmobile moves forward very smoothly. Once installed, I have not had to make any adjustments.

Stage I will do all of the above.
Stage II will do all of the above and also substantially improve mid range and top end speeds when you pin the throttle.
I'm not really sure on the specifics of the comfort clutch.

I found out something interesting today....when trying to fine tune my clutch kit (because of underrevving a touch), I found that I installed the secondary spring in the wrong hole on the housing side of the clutch!!! I was impressed with this kit and i had it installed wrong!!! LOL Now my underrevving rpm loss problem will be fixed!!! :Rockon:

I should gain about 350-400 rpms throughout the whole curve!!!!!
:jump:

Now I just need snow to test it!!!

Anyone have Schmidt Bros email adress? Their contact form on the website doesnt work....

Call them directly

14.5 rollers and ypy seem to work great on trials 3000 rpm engagement and 9000 rpm on top

KHEXX said:
I found out something interesting today....when trying to fine tune my clutch kit (because of underrevving a touch), I found that I installed the secondary spring in the wrong hole on the housing side of the clutch!!! I was impressed with this kit and i had it installed wrong!!! LOL Now my underrevving rpm loss problem will be fixed!!! :Rockon:

I should gain about 350-400 rpms throughout the whole curve!!!!!
:jump:

Now I just need snow to test it!!!

Any chance to test yet?

I added a SBM stage II hit to my sled this winter. We have not had a very good season so I have not had a ton of miles to test it. However I am very happy with it. Working well on hard packed and the fresh stuff that we just got. I'll be trying it in the mountains in a couple of weeks.

My buddy also bought the comfort kit and it is working very well for him. Very smooth and pulls hard. ;)!

Back