• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SideWinder Clutching

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Clutching.JPG

Clutching 2.JPG

Clutching 3.JPG

Clutching 4.JPG

I really like what I see. Better aerodynamics, greater strengh, button sliders, interchangeable parts with YVXC, roller secondary! The casting sure looks good! This thread alone make me want one!

And look how high the belt is going on the primary! it's using the whole clutch, looks to be working perfect at least the one in the picture above.

Ya,I agree with SJ,i liked the slider blocks vrs the button,like what Polaris has been runn ing for years,i guess only time will tell.

Edited By Admin.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am hearing the chain-case is updated with solid mounts. Here are some pics of the clutches.

Primary

View attachment 116971 View attachment 116973
View attachment 116972

Secondary:

View attachment 116974
View attachment 117056
In the clutch bay area where you see both clutches it appears as though it has some sort of TCL behind the clutches,is this an old pic or does it have the motor hooked solid? Also the primary ramp looks like it may run some heavy rivets,unless them three holes are deceiving to look at?

I thought it was a new belt but I'm being told 8jp viper belt.
How pricy is that belt compared to the old 8DN belt,which is now 80 bucks compared to 60 for years.

Back