• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder Guage Differences

Just tried it.
With key on press left and right bottom buttons on guage. This puts you in diagnostic mode
Using right side buttons scroll till map sensor is reached. Press button by select you now have map reading
Start sled read reading. I believe holding button by reading will give you max reading. Didn't check
That number will have to be converted to PSI after subtracting current baro you can use this converter.
http://www.calculator.org/property.aspx?name=pressure
Using a calculator or pen and paper

Convert MAP kPa to psig (gauge): MAP kPa x .145 − 14.5 (slightly above sea level) = PSIG

Lots of other thing in that mode also. No AFR though.

I need to do this for a boost psi check.

Next time that I get out for a ride I shall get my kpa at WOT. You say I can calculate this once I get my kpa number.

Subtract current baro from total kpa number?
And then that number x .145 = psi ?

Baro number also obtained from pod?

in the other thread that Dan posted...me and everyone else seemed to be 79.1-79.6 degrees ....shall we consider that close enough to 80 degrees????

just checked one at dealer and it's in mm/hg is this a Canadian thing?

Doesn’t seem to be a Canadian thing.
Mine does the same on both the map and baro, mm/hg. Does not change when mode is changed to mph or k.

After doing the math, I was expecting a stock winder to show 65-67 kpa for 9.5 psi boost.
Or around 95 Kpa for the 13.5 boost my TD 245 should put out.

What I got was 722 mm/hg baro, and 1500 mm/hg map ?? Map numbers were obtained at WOT.
Anybody understand how to do the math with the numbers I obtained?

Apex I was riding with was getting a baro reading of 29.something. That made sense when compared to local baro info.

Back